Power bank??

12 minutes ago, framey said:

Would run of a power bank box as it’s 12 volt like a fox I know that has a 12v socket I don’t know about ridgemonkey one.

can’t think of any other way of doing it if he needs a plug socket

Thanks I wasn't sure i also get confused, I just saw jump lead clips and thought they would need a battery 👍

It seemed to buddy, I actually carried it because my alternator was fubared so I’d use it to charge my phone and kindle over a 3night session then jump start the old crate at the end of the session! Needed a recharge then though… I’m sure Halfords did a red cased one that was cheaper, I can’t remember if it had a plug socket though, it did have cigarette sockets and a usb socket though 

27 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

It seemed to buddy, I actually carried it because my alternator was fubared so I’d use it to charge my phone and kindle over a 3night session then jump start the old crate at the end of the session! Needed a recharge then though… I’m sure Halfords did a red cased one that was cheaper, I can’t remember if it had a plug socket though, it did have cigarette sockets and a usb socket though 

Awesome mate, I will pop in Halfords and have a look 👍 

Should get a few charges on my phone with it then 🤔 I'm torn between buying something like you've suggested or just going all out and buying a silent generator 🤣

On 15/08/2023 at 20:50, jh92 said:

I have no idea what I'm buying but I'm after something that I can charge my phone off and hopefully if its possible a laptop by a plug socket. Sadly it doesn't charge through USB c 😕 

Does such a thing exist? I don't mind if it's bulky or heavy.

I was having a cruise through interweb myself, you might find this interesting:

https://campingsecrets.co.uk/best-camping-power-pack/

On 24/08/2023 at 21:03, salokcinnodrog said:

I was having a cruise through interweb myself, you might find this interesting:

https://campingsecrets.co.uk/best-camping-power-pack/

I will have alook mate.

I've been thinking about going down the solar route to charge a pack. Toying with the idea of buying this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314504592439?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=kw0arci4q_-&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=SfVGnMd1S9O&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Hopefully the link works lol

On 26/08/2023 at 11:04, jh92 said:

I will have alook mate.

I've been thinking about going down the solar route to charge a pack. Toying with the idea of buying this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314504592439?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=kw0arci4q_-&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=SfVGnMd1S9O&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Hopefully the link works lol

I've been thinking solar as well.

I have 3 battery power packs, only small although one is powerful enough to jump start a car, but with very bad phone signal on a 5 day/night trip, my phone just goes through battery life, and the 3 end up out of juice very quickly.

I could recharge either the power packs or the phone and tablet in the car.

Big worry for me is the cost of a solar unit. At my dad's mountain hytte in Norway we fitted solar panels to the roof simply to provide juice for mobiles.

One big powerful solar rechargeable pack could be the way forward, with the smaller packs as backup.

Powapacks Atom - got the USB-C several USB's - 2 being fast charge and the 3 pin plug socket.  Use mine to charge everything fishing related: baitboat, bivvy light, head torch, phone.  I've dropped my Atom several times from kitchen surface height and it's not broken so it's decent. 👍

Edited by kevtaylor

3 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I've been thinking solar as well.

I have 3 battery power packs, only small although one is powerful enough to jump start a car, but with very bad phone signal on a 5 day/night trip, my phone just goes through battery life, and the 3 end up out of juice very quickly.

I could recharge either the power packs or the phone and tablet in the car.

Big worry for me is the cost of a solar unit. At my dad's mountain hytte in Norway we fitted solar panels to the roof simply to provide juice for mobiles.

One big powerful solar rechargeable pack could be the way forward, with the smaller packs as backup.

I'm really tempted to buy the one I linked, 289 for the pack and solar panels included. Most of the reviews are good but don't know anyone with one lol

1 hour ago, kevtaylor said:

Powapacks Atom - got the USB-C several USB's - 2 being fast charge and the 3 pin plug socket.  Use mine to charge everything fishing related: baitboat, bivvy light, head torch, phone.  I've dropped my Atom several times from kitchen surface height and it's not broken so it's decent. 👍

Only thing I don't like about them is the price 🤣 I'm quite annoyed I seen the package, tv, and hook sharper for £300 on fb, but was sold before I even had the chance to message him 🤣

I'm tempted to take the gamble and buy the pack and panels for 289, if the pack fails in the future the panels work with multiple different packs and you can change stuff straight through the panels lol

6 minutes ago, jh92 said:

I'm really tempted to buy the one I linked, 289 for the pack and solar panels included. Most of the reviews are good but don't know anyone with one lol

Only thing I don't like about them is the price 🤣 I'm quite annoyed I seen the package, tv, and hook sharper for £300 on fb, but was sold before I even had the chance to message him 🤣

I'm tempted to take the gamble and buy the pack and panels for 289, if the pack fails in the future the panels work with multiple different packs and you can change stuff straight through the panels lol

Think I paid about 230 for the Atom, I see the price has gone up since 

13 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

Think I paid about 230 for the Atom, I see the price has gone up since 

Yeah mate, well I've ended up buying this -

https://uk.iallpowers.com/collections/solar-generator-600w/products/allpowers-600w-solar-generator-100w-solar-panel-sp027

It's £449 but they are doing £50 off at checkout at the moment, also used a discount code and got it down to £314.30. 

I'll keep the thread updated on its performance, i do think the solar panels will be useful on long trips👍

Edited by jh92

9 hours ago, jh92 said:

Yeah mate, well I've ended up buying this -

https://uk.iallpowers.com/collections/solar-generator-600w/products/allpowers-600w-solar-generator-100w-solar-panel-sp027

It's £449 but they are doing £50 off at checkout at the moment, also used a discount code and got it down to £314.30. 

I'll keep the thread updated on its performance, i do think the solar panels will be useful on long trips👍

Looks really good that, give us an update after some use.  I've also looked at the Anker ones but so expensive, but it's a great make so I imagine they will be reliable.

On 30/08/2023 at 14:43, kevtaylor said:

Looks really good that, give us an update after some use.  I've also looked at the Anker ones but so expensive, but it's a great make so I imagine they will be reliable.

So just a little update, used it for the first time on yesterday's session, right out the box it was loaded with 63% of battery, so I used it without trying the panels, will set it up later today and see how it charges with them 👍 

The power pack itself is great, I charged my phone from roughly 15% to 85% twice and my vape from flat to full once, then charged the vape a again for a 2 bars, all its used is 10% of the battery.

On my 5 day session starting next Sunday I will charge my laptop, phone and other stuff off it so will give another update then 👍

Overall im really impressed so far 😎