2023 social- who's up for it??

Just now, elmoputney said:

Did you grow up on Lancashire potato hash? Or "tattie ash" as I believe it's otherwise known. 

I googled meat n Tato slice and that came up looks quite nice 😲

Proper northern comfort food apparently. Eaten with bread n butter and red cabbage. 

"Lancashire Potato Hash"- Spuds, Carrots, Mince, onion all bunged into a pot with some oxo/stock 😋😋😋😋

Easy meal, can be frozen and reheated, it's funny because a neighbour made a Hot Pot pie for mi Nan n grandad yesterday, went down well with Buttered Crusty bread n Beetroot slices .

1 minute ago, Highy said:

"Lancashire Potato Hash"- Spuds, Carrots, Mince, onion all bunged into a pot with some oxo/stock 😋😋😋😋

Easy meal, can be frozen and reheated, it's funny because a neighbour made a Hot Pot pie for mi Nan n grandad yesterday, went down well with Buttered Crusty bread n Beetroot slices .

Sounds good to me, it's getting towards that time of year when you want something nice and hearty, might have to have a go at making it. 

1 hour ago, chillfactor said:

@elmoputney any idea on swim size mate ? 

I'm leaning towards the 1 man bivvy over the 2 man .... just incase 🙈

I don't think the swims are that small there are certainly some a 2 man would be OK. I'm not sure which one to bring either though 😳 

I'm waiting to see what the weather holds in store for us, feels a little autumnal tonight which is nice, I'm feeling giving them some bait at the moment 😀

I'll go 1 man I reckon with not knowing where I might end up , be silly for the bivvy to hinder my swim choice . 

@dalej2014 drawing for swim choice is the normal way of things . Numbers 1-5 number 1 gets first pick 5 last .  I'm always last with lads i regularly go with its gone beyond a joke 🙈

4 minutes ago, commonly said:

I've only got a 2 man. So, hopefully they're not too small.

A draw would seem the fairest way, but happy to go with whatever.

Hopefully a few days of this type of weather will get them feeding🤞

Depends on the 2man  though eh mate .

My old mk2 armo 2 man had a far smaller foot print than the new avid . The Avid isn't a patch on it either. 

Sorry to hear that pal. Bivvies are silly money now.

I got my JRC 10 years ago £200 with rain/winter skin and ground sheet. It seems you need to spend 5 times that for anything half decent.

I may go second hand, but there's not a lot of choice for around £4-500.

The weather forecast looks OK now on my app. Bit of rain Friday afternoon and Sunday night.

7 hours ago, commonly said:

Sorry to hear that pal. Bivvies are silly money now.

I got my JRC 10 years ago £200 with rain/winter skin and ground sheet. It seems you need to spend 5 times that for anything half decent.

I may go second hand, but there's not a lot of choice for around £4-500.

The weather forecast looks OK now on my app. Bit of rain Friday afternoon and Sunday night.

I would if got another armo as the last one lasted 14 years including family camping .... but it was just after lock down & there was no stock anywhere . So ended up with  the Hq .