New Landing net time ?

what happened to landing nets? need a new one as i seem to go through them and not from catching, moving weed did it this time cracked the fiberglass arm bit of tape will sort it, but why are cheap nets so pricey, i'd love a bow lok could on next years wish list, don't see why you can't get a well made net for under 50 notes. they must be made for pennies.

2 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

what happened to landing nets? need a new one as i seem to go through them and not from catching, moving weed did it this time cracked the fiberglass arm bit of tape will sort it, but why are cheap nets so pricey, i'd love a bow lok could on next years wish list, don't see why you can't get a well made net for under 50 notes. they must be made for pennies.

Fox Eos is £53.99😉

Or sneak into GoOutdoors for Cygnet

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/16451452/cygnet-sniper-landing-net-16451452

4 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Angling direct jrc defender carbon composite arms and 1 piece carbon handle 39.99, I bought 1 a few months ago well made and strong, no complaints what so ever. 👍 

On 06/06/2022 at 18:27, salokcinnodrog said:

Fox Eos is £53.99😉

Or sneak into GoOutdoors for Cygnet

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/16451452/cygnet-sniper-landing-net-16451452

Seconded . And if you shop around even cheaper .

Got my 46inch for less than a nifty .

Trekker,£75, lasted 3 trips ( various other items from this firm, dog do, do, imo.) 

Greys, £70, lasted just over a year

Sonik Vader X, still going £45 over 4 years. 

Recently, 2 Sonik STR 3.75 Tc both snapped after 7 years ( I don't go more than once a month and fish rock hard waters, so not exactly pulling them in. Sonik spod rod, top eye ring fell out within a month. No joy n return as brought from online stores & Eric's tackle. No response from Sonik?? 

I seem to live by the law of the sod! 

Landing net seems good for the money though, 2 piece, so good for stalking the margins in theory? 

10 hours ago, dayvid said:

Fox Warrior S Landing Net , around £55 and extremely light

Can't remember when I bought my Fox Warrior landing net, but I was on Nazeing, so a minimum of 5 years ago.

It has been remeshed a couple of times, the varnish is starting to 'bubble', but the arms and pole are still going strong.

Had plenty of carp, tench and pike in it.

If anything it is the pike trebles that caused mesh damage. Usually me taking the arms out, then rolling the arms and mesh down to the fish to carry it to the mat, with a flying hook. I'd much rather damage the net than the fish. 

Once it is all rolled in and on mat, I unroll,  unhook the fish, get net out of way, Usually thrown to the side,  then weigh and photo.

On 06/06/2022 at 16:32, Carpbell_ll said:

...  moving weed did it this time ...

I have found using a solid cross bar helps battle weed safely (rather than the cord drawstring modern net makers seem to favour). I also have problems holding and manipulating a straight handle because of arthritis. I hate having to deal with a fish while the handle of the landing net is still attached. I seem to destroy everything around me with it. Having detached the net from the handle, I still have to lift it out of the water. I find a folding net a more useful useful way of doing this. Having got the carp in the net to my unhooking mat, I still have to manipulate it out of the net onto the mat. I found a heavy duty nylon zip sewn into the back of the net solves this problem. Finally, modern nets seem to cost an arm and a leg which is a struggle on my pension so I have attached some photos of my "cheap as chips"  "tried and tested" home made landing net, based on an inexpensive sea fishing landing net frame and a pair of crutches obtained when I hurt my leg falling down the bank. :)

1926241929_1thewholenet.thumb.jpg.3eb89284bfcb7978a97b3095f15bff37.jpg2064910874_2thehinge.thumb.jpg.4e909350d3f6c1cf673744d7517e7915.jpg153210821_3thezip.thumb.jpg.c4e2300364ed9de8f0068bce8e189cd6.jpg1680158849_4thefoldednet.thumb.jpg.bf8bedbc93d41189f314c36a3ac35949.jpg

3 hours ago, carpepecheur said:

I have found using a solid cross bar helps battle weed safely (rather than the cord drawstring modern net makers seem to favour). I also have problems holding and manipulating a straight handle because of arthritis. I hate having to deal with a fish while the handle of the landing net is still attached. I seem to destroy everything around me with it. Having detached the net from the handle, I still have to lift it out of the water. I find a folding net a more useful useful way of doing this. Having got the carp in the net to my unhooking mat, I still have to manipulate it out of the net onto the mat. I found a heavy duty nylon zip sewn into the back of the net solves this problem. Finally, modern nets seem to cost an arm and a leg which is a struggle on my pension so I have attached some photos of my "cheap as chips"  "tried and tested" home made landing net, based on an inexpensive sea fishing landing net frame and a pair of crutches obtained when I hurt my leg falling down the bank. :)

1926241929_1thewholenet.thumb.jpg.3eb89284bfcb7978a97b3095f15bff37.jpg2064910874_2thehinge.thumb.jpg.4e909350d3f6c1cf673744d7517e7915.jpg153210821_3thezip.thumb.jpg.c4e2300364ed9de8f0068bce8e189cd6.jpg1680158849_4thefoldednet.thumb.jpg.bf8bedbc93d41189f314c36a3ac35949.jpg

Brilliant 👏

On 13/06/2022 at 00:00, commonly said:

Sonik spod rod, top eye ring fell out within a month. No joy n return as brought from online stores & Eric's tackle. No response from Sonik?? 

Really ?....when I had an eye insert fall out, they sent me the full rod worth, there customer service (to me) is 2nd to none....

On 13/06/2022 at 00:00, commonly said:

Sonik spod rod, top eye ring fell out within a month. No joy n return as brought from online stores & Eric's tackle. No response from Sonik?? 

I seem to live by the law of the sod

12 hours ago, Highy said:

Really ?....when I had an eye insert fall out, they sent me the full rod worth, there customer service (to me) is 2nd to none....

Thing is that on the original Vader range they are using cheap eyes where the frames bend. 

Customer service should NOT be having to replace items that are broken so quickly; essentially they are not fit for purpose!

I clip my spod or lead link to the butt or tip section first eye when I fold the rod down, and have actually seen it bend.

Not sure if the updated Vader X or whatever they have gone to use the same rings, I think they have switched to Minima type rings.

None of my other rods have done that, even the single legs on my RH The Ones don't bend.

The Sonik Spod/Marker Hybrid should actually make a decent rod for pike fishing, slinging deadbaits out quite a way. Might be a bit 'hard' for live baits though.