New bivvy time !

Well my armo mk2 has finally seen better days.... lasted over ten years & been used for family camping etc & some pretty messy c.com socials 🙈

In the market for a new 2 man , thinking of just going for another armo as my winter wrap is still in good condition.  

Anyone got any other opinions?  

Got some fishing coming up soon over Cambridge way  😎🎣, so need it for that .

48 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Well my armo mk2 has finally seen better days.... lasted over ten years & been used for family camping etc & some pretty messy c.com socials 🙈

In the market for a new 2 man , thinking of just going for another armo as my winter wrap is still in good condition.  

Anyone got any other opinions?  

Got some fishing coming up soon over Cambridge way  😎🎣, so need it for that .

Cambridge way??? Anywhere nice? 

1 hour ago, chillfactor said:

A mates booked the exclusive lake at the woolpack fishery , not somewhere I know but the fish look nice .

Just had a look for new armo's stock might be an issue! 

Anyone use the avid 2man HQ ? 

if your looking for a pram hood the new prologic range are very good all round.

3 hours ago, chillfactor said:

A mates booked the exclusive lake at the woolpack fishery , not somewhere I know but the fish look nice .

Literally up the road from me, but I've never fished it, the exclusive lake seems to have some nice fish in though,its probably a lot quiter there now too as the A14 has moved, I always planned to join one day but its kind of become a bit famous now and they've closed the waiting list maybe one day 😭 

There is an award winning kebab van about 6 miles away 🥇collection only but it is a bit good 😂

28 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Literally up the road from me, but I've never fished it, the exclusive lake seems to have some nice fish in though,its probably a lot quiter there now too as the A14 has moved, I always planned to join one day but its kind of become a bit famous now and they've closed the waiting list maybe one day 😭 

There is an award winning kebab van about 6 miles away 🥇collection only but it is a bit good 😂

Welcome to come & say hello fella ...may 23rd - 27th 👍

p.s bring kebabs 😁

3 hours ago, chillfactor said:

I remember when Kev purchased his avid brolly & was impressed with the material , the same is used on the HQ . 

Hello Phil I got to see one of these in the flesh the other week when I was looking at getting their brolly system .

They look and feel seriously impressive.

They are definitely worth the price tag and if a mate wasn’t sorting me out with a Cabrio system I’d be investing in the Avid one without a doubt .

You’ll be pleased with it I reckon 👍🏻

3 hours ago, newmarket said:

Hello Phil I got to see one of these in the flesh the other week when I was looking at getting their brolly system .

They look and feel seriously impressive.

They are definitely worth the price tag and if a mate wasn’t sorting me out with a Cabrio system I’d be investing in the Avid one without a doubt .

You’ll be pleased with it I reckon 👍🏻

Thanks Tim 👍

On 23/04/2022 at 07:32, chillfactor said:

Hi Chill,

Yeah I'm using my Avid 2 man HQ exclusively at the moment.  Had it for about 5 years I guess, its still perfect, lightweight for it's size, easy to put up - tbh I have no faults.  Think newer versions are even better.

You'll not go wrong with AVID gear IMO 

You wanna buy a Ridgemonkey 1 man? 🤣

9 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

Hi Chill,

Yeah I'm using my Avid 2 man HQ exclusively at the moment.  Had it for about 5 years I guess, its still perfect, lightweight for it's size, easy to put up - tbh I have no faults.  Think newer versions are even better.

Thanks mate ..... got one on order 👍

23 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

Hi Chill,

I've been looking at the Ridgemonkey 1 Man compact... 

1 minute ago, Highy said:

I've been looking at the Ridgemonkey 1 Man compact... 

OK mines the 1 Man Standard, used it about 3 times - for sale!

Plus points: Good fabric, well made throughout, goes up quick, good ventilation - struggling here!

Minus points: WEIGHT, packdown size for transporting (Looong car or van required), internal size - just fits in my Solar bedchair - touches poles both sides - leaving about 1.5 feet spare in front of the bed, 2nd skin - pointless as it only covers the top not the sides.

This is the big 1 man, not the compact and only my opinions.

12 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

OK mines the 1 Man Standard, used it about 3 times - for sale!

Plus points: Good fabric, well made throughout, goes up quick, good ventilation - struggling here!

Minus points: WEIGHT, packdown size for transporting (Looong car or van required), internal size - just fits in my Solar bedchair - touches poles both sides - leaving about 1.5 feet spare in front of the bed, 2nd skin - pointless as it only covers the top not the sides.

This is the big 1 man, not the compact and only my opinions.

Heard they are a good bit of kit, quick put up,.... They look pretty spacious but not seen in the flesh. 

Also heavy 20kg +, 

14 hours ago, Jone5y said:

I've been reading about bivvys lately and one which seems to get good reviews is the Tacklebox Long Top. Personally, I've never used one but it might be worth a look - it seems very lightweight stripped out. One plus I can think of is that the Tacklebox's customer service is top class.

I've looked at that - does seem a good buy and Tackle Box is cool 👍