September catch reports

bluelabel

2 minutes ago, Highy said:

Make that 4...2 hook pulls, 2 Full on snaps... All from the left hand tree about a rod length out. 

Are they just heading straight for it from the take, something I Do now when fishing up to the pads, is walk straight back as soon as I pick up the rod then rather than keeping the rod up, get it low and use side strain to keep them out of the areas you don't want them in, 

1 minute ago, elmoputney said:

Are they just heading straight for it from the take, something I Do now when fishing up to the pads, is walk straight back as soon as I pick up the rod then rather than keeping the rod up, get it low and use side strain to keep them out of the areas you don't want them in, 

Yah, soon as I see the take, I'm on the rod, pick up and steight to the right of my swim with side pull on keeping low, 2 I've played and pulled hook, 2 have gone straight in and ping, off..... Its been locked up, but very slack line and not to sensitive but just enough. 

18 minutes ago, Highy said:

Yah, soon as I see the take, I'm on the rod, pick up and steight to the right of my swim with side pull on keeping low, 2 I've played and pulled hook, 2 have gone straight in and ping, off..... Its been locked up, but very slack line and not to sensitive but just enough. 

Are you dropping the lead? 

Edited by elmoputney

10 minutes ago, Highy said:

Yep, under the tree I am, I'm on a lead clip, moistened tail rubber slightly nicked on lead clip. 

Might be worth not dropping the lead so easily tbh maybe that might be why they are getting snagged as they rise up in the water once the lead drops off, i would also allow a little clutch movement, tight but forgiving and just be quick on it 

1 minute ago, elmoputney said:

Might be worth not dropping the lead so easily tbh maybe that might be why they are getting snagged as they rise up in the water once the lead drops off, i would also allow a little clutch movement, tight but forgiving and just be quick on it 

Was a quiet night for me, but a lad side of mate, has had a 19lb 6oz, 7 fish. 

See he's on for, biggest fish, biggest weight and most fish....

The beat prizes are... 2x 3 sets of Nash Pursuit Rods, Sonik Xtractor 3 Rod setup, 96hr Session on Linear for 2, 48hr Cromwell for 1, 48hr on Brookside for 1, 48hr on Clearwatwr for, loads bait packages, terminal packages, luggage, bait vouchers tackle vouchers.... Toooons rafle prizes

5 minutes ago, Highy said:

Was a quiet night for me, but a lad side of mate, has had a 19lb 6oz, 7 fish. 

See he's on for, biggest fish, biggest weight and most fish....

The beat prizes are... 2x 3 sets of Nash Pursuit Rods, Sonik Xtractor 3 Rod setup, 96hr Session on Linear for 2, 48hr Cromwell for 1, 48hr on Brookside for 1, 48hr on Clearwatwr for, loads bait packages, terminal packages, luggage, bait vouchers tackle vouchers.... Toooons rafle prizes

Worth going big on the raffle then boy, sounds amazing hope you win 

9 hours ago, finchey said:

So was the biggest fish the 19lber and what weight won the match.🙂👍

Yeh, biggest fish 19lb, think won was just over 60lb, the winner got 3x Nash Pursuit rods, 15kg Sticky Bait (mixed, Boilies, pellets, Pop Ups, glugs)...he also got biggest fish, so he chose a raffle prize to Cromwell fisheries 48hr.... His mate came 2nd, he got 3x Nash Pursuit rods, 5kg mixed sticky baits... The raffle was pretty decent,I ear fisheries 96hr for 2, Bromms cross fishery for 48hr, clearwater 48hr, ...my mate won a Fox Spod Rod. 

Being done every year now hopefully.