September catch reports

bluelabel

Spent a couple of nights down in the Nene Valley with the main man @greekskii and a few mates this weekend. Plenty of beer and an incredible BBQ based diet meant much fun was had.

In terms of fishing it was tricky with a lot of lines in a pretty small water. We managed to make the most of it however and a few carp were caught. Quiet night for me on the Friday so made a couple of changes for the Saturday and by 10pm I'd managed to fluke the lakes biggun; The Big Ghosty.

Defo more luck than judgement but I'll take a jammy capture as much as I'll take a hard earned one.

Still down in weight after a late spawn but hey, I'm not complaining one bit.

PSX_20210905_202413.thumb.jpg.7911f81862530caa8a665c43ac516446.jpg

6 minutes ago, Carpmad21 said:

Where about was you fishing I'm looking at carping in the nene near dog and doublet by the gates seen a few people carping down there but haven't had the chance to go and see if there been catching TIA 

It was a still water mate.

You'll struggle to find anyone that'll tell you where carp are coming from in the Nene itself nowadays mate, especially online. They're like rocking horse do-do. Not many left at all 😓

On 06/09/2021 at 08:54, yonny said:

Spent a couple of nights down in the Nene Valley with the main man @greekskii and a few mates this weekend. Plenty of beer and an incredible BBQ based diet meant much fun was had.

In terms of fishing it was tricky with a lot of lines in a pretty small water. We managed to make the most of it however and a few carp were caught. Quiet night for me on the Friday so made a couple of changes for the Saturday and by 10pm I'd managed to fluke the lakes biggun; The Big Ghosty.

Defo more luck than judgement but I'll take a jammy capture as much as I'll take a hard earned one.

Still down in weight after a late spawn but hey, I'm not complaining one bit.

PSX_20210905_202413.thumb.jpg.7911f81862530caa8a665c43ac516446.jpg

all down to me giving you that fake run 😂

Great to be back out fishing again😁 . Certainly a challenging session but I stuck at it & managed to bank a few in the end & always a great social too . lost a few fish but with the weed & the crays messing with my rigs constantly,  think that was inevitable.  The first 3 days had all the fish stacking up at the other end of the lake , with my mates picking up fish on the zigs , but dropping a high % of the takes in the weed ! . Last night the hot weather broke & with that my chance of a bite or two increased, just felt for sure that it would see a few fish venture my way.  Just needed to be able to sneak a bite or two & finish the session off with a  fish  , so I upped my baiting dramatically thinking there going to get the heads down , was happy with all my spots , so was just the baiting approach I changed . 

First bite came at 11ish last night which I dropped in the weed !! had fun a games getting the rig back out .... having not fished for ages my casting was a little off 🙄 😅clipped up & sent it into the darkness ( no moon ) listened for the splash but heard a thud !! 🙈 as it turned out it had landed in the perfect spot to spoon out ....couldn't of planned it better 😁 

That then ripped off at first light only to drop another fish ... proper gutted at this point . Then I get done on a drop back on my spot on the far margin  . Was looking like the fish I had Wednesday morning would be the only one  to grace the net . Beeeeeeep a take off a margin spot down my right hand side & after a battle in the weed managed to win this time . Was just sorting out photos in the rain & my far rod  ripped off , so just like busses ended up with two on the bank at once .

Screenshot_20210909-222449_Gallery.thumb.jpg.6f7ec1d8abf635eb35de60696530bacb.jpgScreenshot_20210909-195200_Gallery.thumb.jpg.6c66677e68ec2c63621eefc546498dbb.jpgScreenshot_20210909-222902_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e5abea8d8c61e4468a3ea4e8f24004d4.jpg

Rain drop on lens ^ 

Screenshot_20210909-125020_Gallery.thumb.jpg.eee2d7bac42984f583fc36bf14d7368d.jpg

turned out to be the common hiding in there ^

11 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Great to be back out fishing again😁 . Certainly a challenging session but I stuck at it & managed to bank a few in the end & always a great social too . lost a few fish but with the weed & the crays messing with my rigs constantly,  think that was inevitable.  The first 3 days had all the fish stacking up at the other end of the lake , with my mates picking up fish on the zigs , but dropping a high % of the takes in the weed ! . Last night the hot weather broke & with that my chance of a bite or two increased, just felt for sure that it would see a few fish venture my way.  Just needed to be able to sneak a bite or two & finish the session off with a  fish  , so I upped my baiting dramatically thinking there going to get the heads down , was happy with all my spots , so was just the baiting approach I changed . 

First bite came at 11ish last night which I dropped in the weed !! had fun a games getting the rig back out .... having not fished for ages my casting was a little off 🙄 😅clipped up & sent it into the darkness ( no moon ) listened for the splash but heard a thud !! 🙈 as it turned out it had landed in the perfect spot to spoon out ....couldn't of planned it better 😁 

That then ripped off at first light only to drop another fish ... proper gutted at this point . Then I get done on a drop back on my spot on the far margin  . Was looking like the fish I had Wednesday morning would be the only one  to grace the net . Beeeeeeep a take off a margin spot down my right hand side & after a battle in the weed managed to win this time . Was just sorting out photos in the rain & my far rod  ripped off , so just like busses ended up with two on the bank at once .

Screenshot_20210909-222449_Gallery.thumb.jpg.6f7ec1d8abf635eb35de60696530bacb.jpgScreenshot_20210909-195200_Gallery.thumb.jpg.6c66677e68ec2c63621eefc546498dbb.jpgScreenshot_20210909-222902_Gallery.thumb.jpg.e5abea8d8c61e4468a3ea4e8f24004d4.jpg

Rain drop on lens ^ 

Screenshot_20210909-125020_Gallery.thumb.jpg.eee2d7bac42984f583fc36bf14d7368d.jpg

turned out to be the common hiding in there ^

That's a corker of a linear, fair play 👍

this is the first one from yesterdays busy day, I had only set up one rod and chucked out a Ronnie Rig with a mesh bag on it and within an hour it was away with the biggest of the bunch at 25lb 6oz, 

890016517_25.6virginiamirror.thumb.JPG.20df6ab6ed96f0dda4b01eef6df4d41b.JPG

this one was a proper angry one,really didn't want his photo taken 19lb ish 

436832103_IMG_5725(2).thumb.JPG.e7e21bfacc889348c05279949f85bbd7.JPG

I didn't take pictures of them all and tbh the one I did at try at night wasn't good had my light up too bright and they didn't come out too well 

On 09/09/2021 at 23:02, elmoputney said:

Well done chill factor a trio of smashing ones, that top one though really stunning, that Is a belter 😍

On 10/09/2021 at 10:08, emmcee said:

That's a corker of a linear, fair play 👍

On 10/09/2021 at 09:42, yonny said:

@chillfactor👏👏👏👏

Cheers lads 😎

Great stuff gents .... been a good start to September 🤘👊

just managed to find a few minutes to sort through some of the photos from the weekend, with a lot of editing I've managed to find one that is half presentable, this was one I caught at 23lb I had a massive line bite I thought was a run for second :),It managed to wake me up just as i had dozed off again and was the only one to come off the newly raked spot, I also used my 6m baiting pole for it which was nice (its too short to be really useful) but satisfying none the less 

2035651051_IMG_5754(2).thumb.JPG.c99a07faf19451600c230c2c6c78cef3.JPG

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

just managed to find a few minutes to sort through some of the photos from the weekend, with a lot of editing I've managed to find one that is half presentable, this was one I caught at 23lb I had a massive line bite I thought was a run for second :),It managed to wake me up just as i had dozed off again and was the only one to come off the newly raked spot, I also used my 6m baiting pole for it which was nice (its too short to be really useful) but satisfying none the less 

2035651051_IMG_5754(2).thumb.JPG.c99a07faf19451600c230c2c6c78cef3.JPG

Well in Elmo... My 48hrs was up n down... 

I had 3 carp, nothing massive, 2 bream, 1 was about 5lb.

Lost 2 at net, hook pulls, and got 2 clean break offs from a hidden snag. 

So I think pegs 30/31 on the club lake need Investigating further.