September catch reports

bluelabel

33 minutes ago, Highy said:

Well in Elmo... My 48hrs was up n down... 

I had 3 carp, nothing massive, 2 bream, 1 was about 5lb.

Lost 2 at net, hook pulls, and got 2 clean break offs from a hidden snag. 

So I think pegs 30/31 on the club lake need Investigating further. 

That's a shame sounds like you were a touch unlucky, there is always another day though, hopefully next time will be biggun time, 👍

There should be some nice big 30s in the lake I fish and they keep evading me for some reason but one day they will be mine 🙏

35 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

That's a shame sounds like you were a touch unlucky, there is always another day though, hopefully next time will be biggun time, 👍

There should be some nice big 30s in the lake I fish and they keep evading me for some reason but one day they will be mine 🙏

Next will be on 25th on a 24hr Carp Charity Match for Brain Tumour Awareness. 

15 of us. 

1 hour ago, Highy said:

That new line thin line wouldn't of helped with the cut offs mate... bit of abrasion under pressure & ping . Used similar lines for casting long & like I said before it cost me fish for sure . Something to think about maybe ? 

2 hours ago, Highy said:

Hi Paul .

I was on peg 30 about three weeks ago and I got cut off just the once but I did keep getting snaged up aswell. At one point I had to strip a load of line off my right hand rod, it was that badly rayed up.Last time I went on I got talking to an old chap and he was telling me that he fishes peg 30 so I told him about the problems I was having the week before there. He told me peg 30 is were the under water wall is  that I keep hearing so much about is, he said as you stand facing the water the wall  runs straight out from peg 30 and across the lake on the right hand side of the swim he said you need to cast your right hand rod straight out, if you cast  slightly right your on the wall or over it, which makes sense to me with what happening to me and now you were suffering the same if not worse. I have now got 20lb line on my spare spools just incase it's needed. 👍

1 hour ago, chillfactor said:

That new line thin line wouldn't of helped with the cut offs mate... bit of abrasion under pressure & ping . Used similar lines for casting long & like I said before it cost me fish for sure . Something to think about maybe ? 

Hydrotuff for me, it's the only line chuck norris can't break by looking at it 😉

1 hour ago, chillfactor said:

Now I know about snags and will stay away... Use the line in open water. 

32 minutes ago, finchey said:

Hi Paul .

I was on peg 30 about three weeks ago and I got cut off just the once but I did keep getting snaged up aswell. At one point I had to strip a load of line off my right hand rod, it was that badly rayed up.Last time I went on I got talking to an old chap and he was telling me that he fishes peg 30 so I told him about the problems I was having the week before there. He told me peg 30 is were the under water wall is  that I keep hearing so much about is, he said as you stand facing the water the wall  runs straight out from peg 30 and across the lake on the right hand side of the swim he said you need to cast your right hand rod straight out, if you cast  slightly right your on the wall or over it, which makes sense to me with what happening to me and now you were suffering the same if not worse. I have now got 20lb line on my spare spools just incase it's needed. 👍

Heard it loads different things... Wall, tree stumps, weed bed, fences... I'll stay away from peg 31.

Back from my Friday Night out, Biggest one was 19lb,  but all  pretty in there own way,especially the apple slice oddun , top one was another quick bite, within 20 minutes 1st cast with a bag, I am starting to see the appeal of minimal disturbance at the start of a session its been working pretty well lately :) 

913485612_18.5lbmirrorsept2021.thumb.JPG.5838a0d8d7aee02c8dee74ab06d723c2.JPG

757555145_19lbmirrorsept21v2.thumb.JPG.994105bafa6fee62a21540514445f5e0.JPG

789013682_oddun2.thumb.JPG.bab2f68766874cc92e91ad7f2ec82cac.JPG

oddun.thumb.JPG.9b059db9f03ccd52767a0a13406741ce.JPG

19 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Back from my Friday Night out, Biggest one was 19lb,  but all  pretty in there own way,especially the apple slice oddun , top one was another quick bite, within 20 minutes 1st cast with a bag, I am starting to see the appeal of minimal disturbance at the start of a session its been working pretty well lately :) 

913485612_18.5lbmirrorsept2021.thumb.JPG.5838a0d8d7aee02c8dee74ab06d723c2.JPG

757555145_19lbmirrorsept21v2.thumb.JPG.994105bafa6fee62a21540514445f5e0.JPG

789013682_oddun2.thumb.JPG.bab2f68766874cc92e91ad7f2ec82cac.JPG

oddun.thumb.JPG.9b059db9f03ccd52767a0a13406741ce.JPG

Some more belters there elmo, good angling once again pal.😁👍🎣

1 hour ago, finchey said:

I've no doubt there'll be more in the night,  how's your mate getting on? 😁👍🎣

1 still has the biggest of Match... Other 2 are Blanking, a fair few small ens come out since earlier... Good seeing you earlier Keith 👍👍... Can't believe was 2yr since we were both on here for the day. 

11 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Keep em coming Highy, hopefully there will be more 

Hopefully, I've got faith/confidence for the night... I've lost 2 now to under the left hand tree, took me in under the tree and spat the hooks.... 

Just finished watching the boxing (if can call it that)... What a dyer performance from AJ. 

1 hour ago, Highy said:

1 still has the biggest of Match... Other 2 are Blanking, a fair few small ens come out since earlier... Good seeing you earlier Keith 👍👍... Can't believe was 2yr since we were both on here for the day. 

Hopefully, I've got faith/confidence for the night... I've lost 2 now to under the left hand tree, took me in under the tree and spat the hooks.... 

Just finished watching the boxing (if can call it that)... What a dyer performance from AJ. 

I've lost 3 fish now to the snag on left under tree...