6m baiting pole for about £40

I'm just trying to work out if this is a good idea or a waste of time 😂

I've found a 6m telescopic landing net handle, and you just buy a spoon and float but pros and cons, it will cost about 40 quid all in 

I can see it being useful within 6m obvs and you stick it out up the bank and cast over it etc but is it just going to be a waste of time and will I end up just deciding to buy an 18m one later on 😂

You see at the moment I am doing quite a lot of close in fishing and I can see a lot of uses for it but I also see how it may not be long enough as an all rounder waste of time or good tool? 

11 hours ago, framey said:

I have an extending landing net handle with a spoon for margin work and a angling intelligence 12m one with 5 extra sections for just in case 

there used to be plenty of 8m poles for sale as people upgraded to the 12 as the 8was too short

Thanks 

Well I went to the pub with a couple of mates last night, we ended up rather tipsy, and it would appear I bought a 6m landing handle when I got home 😁

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I've just blown the budget on a £6.99 AD spoon (gone large) and a sabre net float £5.99 

Screenshot_20210620_142301.thumb.jpg.5e47f856f336b786681c854c3ab464d9.jpg

Total Spend £46.73 

Should be quite useful though looking forward to trying it out 👍

Also works like a throwing stick for spread as well. Looks good😉

28 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Also works like a throwing stick for spread as well. Looks good😉

Not sure i would usually have the overhead clearance to swing a 6m pole about, but you never know it could work a treat 😁 

I have used a spoon to throw bait out  on a shorter pole but I could never get it that far, I could spread it though 😁

• 5 months later...

Well I've used it a few times but as predicted it wasn't long enough for everything I want 😁

Now I thought about buying a long one, but I quite fancy having a go at making one,but don't always like the price of them, I'm currently researching pipe and how to fix them together, most of the DIY type ones I've seen use a male and female thread I don't want to do that, seems long winded, 

I've found some 25mm PVC PIPE online that I should be able to use, but I want to use a slightly smaller pipe for a spigot joint with a push clip and hole set up ala bushwhacker, I've found 2 pipes one is slightly thicker walled so it leaves a - 0.2mm gap over the inch pipe which I would use for the spigot,and may require sanding to make it right, or a thinner walled one which would leave 1.2mm gap which is probably fine for the half I join with gluey stuff as that would fill the void but will it be too loose and make the pole sag? 

Does anyone happen to have a bushwhacker and some calipers I would be interested to know measurements for the joints and what tolerance they are thanks if you can help ?? 

I'm looking to start off with 36m worth of 1.5m sections if I can and maybe I could also use the end of this pole and any sections that I can to make it telescopic with the extensions, I might also try and make a massive spoon too for those times you just want to fill it in quickly  😁

A faff yes, a small project yes, but I quite fancy a little winter project and don't fancy spending hundreds on a baiting pole 😳 I can do stuff at work like drilling and bits so with care I should be able to get that all nice so they are all interchangeable 

1 hour ago, B B said:

Check out Carp bites on YouTube he’s made a very long diy baiting pole and has had great success with it 

Thanks I had seen his original vid but just watched this one with upgrade, similar to my thinking I guess so that's encouraging, and a couple of nice tips too that I hadn't thought of, also good to know I can use 20mm with duct tape, but I want to try and make it without first 😁

4 hours ago, Highy said:

https://www.allthings3d.co.uk/product-page/baiting-pole

I've been looking s this for a while now. 

I had a look at that one too, it's kind of when I thought I could probably make one, I want at least 30m I think, which is £171 I think I can make it for a lot less 

The pipe I can get for £57, then it's just expanding foam and bits , my baiting spoon may get modded with some stabilisers but i don't need a lot else really