Storing /using boilies

Nube

What is the best way to store boilies. I was preparing some of these stickybait Shelflife to put on multiple rig style,  fixing them to microswivels but some were splitting +crumbling. Should I be air dying thenm or something to firm them up a bit or leave them as they are, I don't want to spoil the bait? 

20210311_105753.jpg

1 hour ago, Nube said:

What is the best way to store boilies. I was preparing some of these stickybait Shelflife to put on multiple rig style,  fixing them to microswivels but some were splitting +crumbling. Should I be air dying thenm or something to firm them up a bit or leave them as they are, I don't want to spoil the bait? 

20210311_105753.jpg

1 hour ago, Nube said:

20210311_105851.jpg

Hi Nube, These certain Baits are shelf life, they will quite sofr, also 12mm on a swivel, I would personal think they will split, I use Bait screws for all my Baits, Pop Ups, wafter, bottom Baits... If ure using 12mm, a thin needle for a hair rig or bait screws would be best. 

I use the Manilla and keep mine stored in the bag they come in... No air drying or nothing. 

Edited by Highy

Those swivels look a bit large for hookring swivels,  are you using floss and a fine baiting needle to thread the baits on or are you just pushing them on to the swivel ?

The baits are designed for use just out of the bag, i dont use sticky baits but if remember correctly there are a touch on the soft side (not a bad thing i prefer a softer bait), but if your mounting on a swivel/bait screw might be worth looking at the accompanying hard hookbaits that match.

Edited by hutch

Think a drill would be a bit too aggressive on a sticky boilie they are nice and soft a matching hook bait is the way to go or a very fine baiting needle if you wish to use the softer bait on the hook. i wouldn't use a swivel for a bottom bait anywho proper soft hair every time, but i might try a German rig this year so that will be a hard hook bait softer baits are better on combi type rigs. 

Fair play to you for giving the swivels a go i have seen grown men run from the swivel attach ready rigs in tackle shops lol. 

On 11/03/2021 at 11:15, Nube said:

20210311_105753.jpg

Leave them in the bag until you use them, either shelf life or in the freezer frozen. 

You shouldn't need to drill them, I recall Sticky baits were not particularly hard, and if you want to attach them to a rig swivel, use a loop of dental floss or hook link braid pulled through and bait stopped or lighter tagged and melted to the bait. 

Best baiting needle I have ever found is the  Gardner braided hair needle. It goes through most baits, but does struggle with rock hard baits which I do drill before putting needle through the hole. 

https://thetackletavern.co.uk/product/gardner-braided-hair-needle/

21 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Best baiting needle I have ever found is the  Gardner braided hair needle. It goes through most baits, but does struggle with rock hard baits which I do drill before putting needle through the hole. 

I recall getting one of these a while back. The concept is good, but I found the needle would tend to bend and not go straight through a hookbait or pop up, leaving the presentation awkward. Often taking many attempts before I was pleased with a snowman set up. 

My preferred needle is the fox one, goes through the hardest of pop up with ease, doesn't split hard or soft boilies and I get perfect presentation first time. 

https://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/fox-edges-micro-fine-needle

https://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/fox-edges-nut-drill-38765

This is the one I use. The upper plastic cap is static and fits neatly into your palm whilst you twiddle the body section with your finger and thumb. This definitely helps to keep it straight, especially with tough baits like pellets.

https://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/korda-super-fine-baiting-needle

Also use one of these. I used to use a latch type of needle but found it punched the top of the boilie out.