Cork Or Abbreviated Rod Handles?

Lloyd White

3 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

I suppose it all comes down to what you find more aesthetically pleasing mate, I used to love cork handles, but I’ve swayed towards minimalistic duplon grips. 

For me it's more important than aesthetics. I honestly believe that cork helps with my grip on my rods on casting and retrieve. It's a confidence thing, important in my fishing.

Ian.

1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

If i had the choice i would go with cork every time would love to send my Torques off to be corked with the cork in a abbreviated style. full handles of either does aid casting i find, gives more room for a more personalised hand placement and grip. 

I use fox torques and did think about corking the handles, you can buy DIY kits online where you slide the individual cork rings on and then sand them down. 

Iv used a set of Dave lane JRC cork handle rods for years love them.... but the cork handles are the diameter of a five pence piece, in the winter cold wet and winding up for a big cast grip is a problem, gloves help tho. Got a new set of rods the handles are almost the same diameter but are made of full Duplon with a flared end great grip.