Where do you start with Goo ?

elmoputney

5 hours ago, yonny said:

Your choices are decent ones mate. I've used all 3 of them. The pink almond is the best imo. The tuna one is decent too if you're after a fishy one.

Pretty much mate.

I do use Goo now and again. Reason being an experience I had several years ago now. I was fishing a water in the Valley and doing OK but I was getting out-fished by a close mate of mine. I was wracking my brains as to why and I ended up asking him straight out what he was doing. His answer was Goo (I'd never used it at this point and tbh thought it was a load of rubbish). He was Goo-ing his pop ups in the pink almond.

I ended up Goo-ing a pot up and carrying on as I had been but with the pink almond pop ups. Long story short I had it right off, catching all but one of the fish I was after in a matter of weeks including my main target kipper, a very special one (see below).

Now it could have been coincidence that it all came together after I started with the Goo, but with each capture came confidence and with more confidence came more captures. I don't use the stuff all the time (I believe it's more effective on certain waters than others) but I can say that using it appeared to make a difference on some of the waters I've fished.

880555879_34.4TheBigFullyL.thumb.JPG.bd85dcabc006f58feddf046bef94e46a.JPG

If that's what Goo does then I like it lol👆

Absolute stonker mate. 

Do you think that the goo had that much of an impact to your catches? Or was it maybe the more you fished, the more bait you applied and the more confident the fish got on your bait? Impossible to answer that I guess. Either way, what a fish mate. 

1 hour ago, emmcee said:

Do you think that the goo had that much of an impact to your catches? Or was it maybe the more you fished, the more bait you applied and the more confident the fish got on your bait?

🤷‍♂️Who knows mate. I was certainly convinced it made the difference at the time (it was like flicking a switch when I started using it). I've been convinced on other waters since, but at the same time I've fished waters where I couldn't see it made any difference whatsoever.

My go-to is to fish a corkball the same as my freebies but I'll normally have one Proper Job out there glugged in something or other (normally a Goo). If that one starts to go more frequently I'll switch them all over.

3 hours ago, yonny said:

Don't go too mental with the stuff Elmo.

The trick is to apply little and often - so put a little bit on and let the baits absorb it. Then apply more and repeat. Basically they should be an ongoing process rather than a one-off drowning and leave them, if you get my drift.

That's what I am planning to do lol 

But apparently I put too much in and they just haven't absorbed it all yet 😁😳

I will let them dry out a bit today in some fresh tubs 😁

32 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

That's what I am planning to do lol 

But apparently I put too much in and they just haven't absorbed it all yet 😁😳

I will let them dry out a bit today in some fresh tubs 😁

Was going to say when i over do the hook bait pimping i empty the pot into a old sarnie box give them a roll around and pop into a clean pot, usually leaves enough liquid in the sarnie box to coat a few other tubs. 

26 minutes ago, framey said:

You have now multiplied your headaches x5 as to what to put on the hook along with all the original pop ups

Nah tbh most will catch if they are in the right place at the right time, I certainly have ones I like more than others but I'll use whatever suits the mood and situation usually, just got more choice nowadays 😁

16 hours ago, framey said:

You have now multiplied your headaches x5 as to what to put on the hook along with all the original pop ups

There is truth in this elmo.

You had a spicy one and a creamy one. You now have two pineapple baits lol.

I always try to match the Goo to the hookbait (e.g. pineapple on pineapple, tuna on fishy peach, almond on a creamy/nutty one etc) so you still have a clear and sensible change if one isn't working.

46 minutes ago, yonny said:

There is truth in this elmo.

You had a spicy one and a creamy one. You now have two pineapple baits lol.

I always try to match the Goo to the hookbait (e.g. pineapple on pineapple, tuna on fishy peach, almond on a creamy/nutty one etc) so you still have a clear and sensible change if one isn't working.

I do keep some without goo of I require a more natural change, I do have a lot of faith in pineapple though, I've always found it a winner, and one is pineapple and wonder Berry its different 😂 

I'm sure I'll have plenty of options by the time I'm finished, I've got a lot of hookbaits that I probably wouldnt use without goo so it gives them a new lease on life 😁 

32 minutes ago, emmcee said:

I've watched a fair number of the korda films on YouTube and noticed they do ok with the garlic goo. Anyone tried this? Had plenty of good reports from people using garlic essential oil in their bait so wondered if the goo is good? 

I used a garlic stir fry oil in a spod mix a few times and caught over it, I don't see why it wouldn't work