Scooooooooooop?????

Has anyone got a bank bug scooop? 

I think a tenner +postage seems pricey for what is essentially a scoop, but it does look a good invention, I know getting bits stuck in the front of my spomb drives me mental, it just looks like it would take the annoyance out of spombing 😁

https://www.bankbug.co.uk/key-products/scooop/

Edited by elmoputney

1 hour ago, salokcinnodrog said:

To heck with paying that. 

Go to Petsathome. 

https://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/-7101417p--1

Bit does one level spoonful fill a spomb perfectly ? 

I don't know if I could justify the cost either but I wouldn't mind a scoop that does a similarly good job, I do like a mucky spod mix and usually my spod rod and reel seem to end up wearing it also 😂

33 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

This is one of the reasons that the tackle trade gets right on my thunga's... items like this is nothing but rank profiteering...  

Get down yer local pet shop and get one fer a 10th of the price and give the tackle trade the finger for being so greedy

Sometimes though there is a good reason for something thiugh, I can really see the idea behind this, underloading or overloading a spomb can be a right pain, and getting bits in the nose can be annoying, this would actually make your spomb loads consistent, which would actually make you more accurate and probably quicker too, I do agree it's too expensive, but overall I think the idea is a good one 👍

40 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

This is one of the reasons that the tackle trade gets right on my thunga's... items like this is nothing but rank profiteering...  

Get down yer local pet shop and get one fer a 10th of the price and give the tackle trade the finger for being so greedy

Local pet store does a range of scoops for a fiver I’ve got one for my pva bags right up to the one I tape to my net handle for baiting margins  BARGIN

8 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Having thought about this a little more 😂

I bet a nice metal cooking spoon would be about right for this job 🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄🥄

I was going to suggest steel flour scoops for baking or the cast aluminium ice scoops we use in the bar, but then I watched the video and saw I didn't know what I was talking about. 😀  As you say, a nice big cooking spoon would do.

14 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Bit does one level spoonful fill a spomb perfectly ? 

I don't know if I could justify the cost either but I wouldn't mind a scoop that does a similarly good job, I do like a mucky spod mix and usually my spod rod and reel seem to end up wearing it also 😂

I got an animal feed or ice scoop from work, copes with my very wet particle mixes, keeps my hands dry and prevents me spreading onto my rod and reel. 

4 hours ago, bluelabel said:

Tackle companies have a reputation for finding solutions to non existent problems and charging like a wounded Rhino for them... Preston Pellet wetter...? Trakker baccy pouch...? Guru water bucket on a string...? C'mon stop taking the pee with the overpriced tat

I'm royally peed off with the price of big tackle items, do not get me started on bivvys and barrows charging more for a nylon bivvy than what you can get a true all weather tent that is extremely strong windproof and insulated. Then you have a 500 £ bivvy that doesn't even come complete, 400 quid would be a fair price for the Titan with all the bits.

As for the price of the three wheeled barrows with motor I would love one, but I could buy two road worthy motors with MOT on for the same money how is that even possible, just shows demand dictates the price and not value for money. 

S'called Carp Tax mate... I won't buy anymore fishing clothing.... it's well overpriced compared to places like Go-Outdoors or Decathlon, plenty of hi tech clothing for half the price of Carp gear ( just not green) Stoves.... £59 for a Trakker that's a rebranded Bulin (or some such) I got a cheap stove from Go that takes the aerosol cannisters... £7.99 years ago... its still going

I looked at the Trakker Armo cookset in Angling Direct £42 (no I haven't got anything against them despite the examples) and bought one for a 3rd of the price in Go.... all the firms are the same.... have a look at the gear you want then have a look at the cheap and cheerful stuff from China... its the same gear with a different name.... I wanted a new kettle.... Go... £3.... Nash... £20.99

People moan about the demise of local tackle shops but when tackle manufacturers post prices like this it's not hard to see your average angler saying "B****r that" and going somewhere cheaper....

I'll buy second hand or cheap stuff and look after it and save a fortune in the process...