New tackle 2021 thread

22 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Just having a look at some new items and thought we could start some discussions 

Fox mini Micron x seems to be the new alarm on the block does anyone think they will be good or pap? I am actually a bit interested in these quite like the look of them and if they are as reliable as the old mini microns they could be OK 

Screenshot_20201018_163529_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.cd4cb88a5edae9d695b267d64adce24c.jpg

Screenshot_20201018_163739_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.c807d146ac5c60afb5e97a1c950e23e3.jpg

£164 for 2+1

£219 for 3+1

1 hour ago, yonny said:

Historically Fox's cheaper options have been very good. 

I use to have some mini Microns in the olden days loved em tbh, only thing was a wired sounder box and I didn't want to spend out on the attx receiver and dongles lol, so I sold them for more than I bought them for 😁

If they are as good as those i would like them I think, all I want is sensitivity settings these days and a reliable receiver oh and to be loud enough to wake me up 😁 

I also had a set of Microns M’s my 1st alarms great sound, my mate had them to and if we doubled up in the swim and one went off I used to say please be mine as we both crashed out of the bivves. I thought I was the bees knees when I finally got the sounder box and wires to go with them.... tripped over them wires to.  🙄 Only time they let me down was the once in freezing fog when the rollers froze up ... but that was down to the weather conditions really. 

Wychwood have some good looking gear i'm very impressed with their metal ware. all the banksticks and buzz bars come with the screw hole for indicators plus they do what looks like a brilliant bit of thought put into the Stage stand it doubles as a bankstick stabiliser, they have drilled two holes into the side of the stand and added a ground spike all for 15 notes which is about the price of buying either separate. they also do a double decker stick, don't see the practicality but they look nice. 

I really like the new bivvy bit pricy at 370 with overwrap but looks like a very good all season bivvy.

Which brings me to my grumble, the price of fishing tents is outrageous it really is,  even the cheapest is too much and very poor quality, i have had my JRC contact for about 8 years now still sound and waterproof but without a wrap it is a summer only bivvy.   

8 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Wychwood have some good looking gear i'm very impressed with their metal ware. all the banksticks and buzz bars come with the screw hole for indicators plus they do what looks like a brilliant bit of thought put into the Stage stand it doubles as a bankstick stabiliser, they have drilled two holes into the side of the stand and added a ground spike all for 15 notes which is about the price of buying either separate. they also do a double decker stick, don't see the practicality but they look nice. 

I really like the new bivvy bit pricy at 370 with overwrap but looks like a very good all season bivvy.

Which brings me to my grumble, the price of fishing tents is outrageous it really is,  even the cheapest is too much and very poor quality, i have had my JRC contact for about 8 years now still sound and waterproof but without a wrap it is a summer only bivvy.   

The buzz bars have another great feature you didnt mention, they can also be used as goalpost or as normal buzz bar set up, depending on your mood 👍

I think they also do some decent products tbh, i still like my rods after a year 

I quite like the look of there unhooking mats too, 

I think bivvies do seem to have got expensive lately, cyprinus seem to have stopped making loads now and there are no bargain ones anymore, my bunker was deal of the decade in hindsight , the ones they still sell look pretty decent though, 

2 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

The buzz bars have another great feature you didnt mention, they can also be used as goalpost or as normal buzz bar set up, depending on your mood 👍

I think they also do some decent products tbh, i still like my rods after a year 

I quite like the look of there unhooking mats too, 

I think bivvies do seem to have got expensive lately, cyprinus seem to have stopped making loads now and there are no bargain ones anymore, my bunker was deal of the decade in hindsight , the ones they still sell look pretty decent though, 

I think every new bivvy / Brolly now, is around starting the £500 mark... 

Lately I think all fishing gear is getting beyond a joke on prices now... 

I've heard the new Sonik AXS Camo wrap is gonna be around the £200 mark... 

23 minutes ago, Highy said:

I think every new bivvy / Brolly now, is around starting the £500 mark... 

Lately I think all fishing gear is getting beyond a joke on prices now... 

I've heard the new Sonik AXS Camo wrap is gonna be around the £200 mark... 

Even the second hand market is mad, things seem to sell for nearly the new price of the item, I remember back in the olden days pre pandemic, many moons ago when you could get some cracking deals on tackle, 😭😭😭😢😢

14 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Even the second hand market is mad, things seem to sell for nearly the new price of the item, I remember back in the olden days pre pandemic, many moons ago when you could get some cracking deals on tackle, 😭😭😭😢😢

Screenshot_20201022_100221.thumb.jpg.9c759a53ff890a5d9ecaf652a50709ae.jpg

Thought this was a good deal?? 🤔

23 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Even the second hand market is mad

I have seen some ridiculous prices on the bay. It's because there is no stock of new stuff anywhere.

I saw a TA rig pouch go for 45 quid, they cost 19.99 new.

I just got a spare NTXR head. £105 2nd hand ffs.

8 minutes ago, yonny said:

I have seen some ridiculous prices on the bay. It's because there is no stock of new stuff anywhere.

I saw a TA rig pouch go for 45 quid, they cost 19.99 new.

I just got a spare NTXR head. £105 2nd hand ffs.

I am looking to upgrade my reels at some point, I have seen 3 used tournaments going for 600 + recently 😳

I want 3 for £350 max 😁 

I think there will be more deals the closer to xmas we get tbough i think 

4 minutes ago, Big Bass said:

If any of you has got a Chub vantage bivvy as I have Total fishing Tackle are selling the over warp for both 1 man and 2 man for £19 each, I paid £29 awhile ago which I thought was a bargain then 

B204ADC2-FF55-4B31-8D97-0A2183186DF7.png

https://www.total-fishing-tackle.com/chub#order=price&dir=asc

This k they are selling most of the Chub brand off at Sale prices...