How Do People Store Their Frozen Boilies

crusian

I order 200 press seal bags on eBay for just over a fiver. Big enough to take 2/3kg depending on bait size. I split in to 2kg normally. Handy grab bag in the morning for baiting up or when I go.ย 

I add glug from frozen so they defrost and draw it in so I like to have excess room for air so I can shake them.ย 
ย 

just make sure you squeeze all the air out the bags so you can store them using less space.ย 

9 minutes ago, greekskii said:

I order 200 press seal bags on eBay for just over a fiver. Big enough to take 2/3kg depending on bait size. I split in to 2kg normally. Handy grab bag in the morning for baiting up or when I go.ย 

I add glug from frozen so they defrost and draw it in so I like to have excess room for air so I can shake them.ย 
ย 

just make sure you squeeze all the air out the bags so you can store them using less space.ย 

I did a slightly unusual defrost last week added a couple of cups of boiling water and glugged them at the same time and left them overnight,not. Enough water to cover them but enough to leave some excess, i was quite pleased with the result tbh bit washed out but oozing with gloopy stinky goodness then I soaked up the excess with pellets ๐Ÿ˜

On 01/09/2020 at 18:18, crusian said:

Hello Everyoneย 

I've ordered 5kg of frozen boilies , and when they arrive I'm thinking of breaking them down into 1kg batches , but what to put the 1kg batches in ? - ziplock bags , press seal bags , small tupperware tubs ? .

Thoughts please .

๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Ziplock or plain freezer bags are perfect. I break mine down into 500gram or 1kg bags and store them like that in the freezer.ย 

Something else that works is supermarket ice cream tubs. Makes a 'single use' plastic tub multiple use, and they will stack tidily in a chest freezer.ย 

Just remember to eat the ice cream first and that once used triple chocolate ice tub is now fishmeal boilies...ย 

Thinking about it, don't wash the tub after use and you have ice-cream glazed boilies!ย