Reservoir virgin!

commonly

99% of the time I've been there, unfortunately there's waves to nearly a foot. It's such an expanse if water on the side of a hill, the wind is constant, even when it's not forecast for any. My eyes often play tricks on me after watching the water for a while. It's hard because the water is never flat calm. 

I take your point and try to learn every trip , but I know with this place it's a marathon not a sprint. 

3 hours ago, chillfactor said:

You not found anywhere better to concentrate your feed a bit less hazardous? 

Yes I'm planning to give the dam wall a bash second week of November. I'll try to get there and do a bit of marker work beforehand. Hoping and praying to find a ledge. Although rumor has it that they fill it back up first week in November. So a bit of an unknown, but all adds to the adventure 👍

23 hours ago, commonly said:

99% of the time I've been there, unfortunately there's waves to nearly a foot. It's such an expanse if water on the side of a hill, the wind is constant, even when it's not forecast for any. My eyes often play tricks on me after watching the water for a while. It's hard because the water is never flat calm. 

I take your point and try to learn every trip , but I know with this place it's a marathon not a sprint. 

This sounds very much like the water I’m fishing commonly best of luck buddy may the carp gods look on you kindly

• 1 month later...

So I've happily spooled up the hydrotuff. I also got the Nash 40lb mono snag leader and to my disappointment I was unable to tie it to the mainline with my preferred allbprite knot. I had many failed attempts. 

The snag leader is is too stiff. I then tried the pictured end to end grinner knot, which was also quite tricky and many failed attempts. I managed to get away with 3 turns on the snag leader grinner. Tested to destruction because I want to do everything I can to make sure I won't get cut off again. 

Not a particularly the nice, neat knot that I was after, so I wondering if anyone knows of a better knot??

5 hours ago, commonly said:

So I've happily spooled up the hydrotuff. I also got the Nash 40lb mono snag leader and to my disappointment I was unable to tie it to the mainline with my preferred allbprite knot. I had many failed attempts. 

The snag leader is is too stiff. I then tried the pictured end to end grinner knot, which was also quite tricky and many failed attempts. I managed to get away with 3 turns on the snag leader grinner. Tested to destruction because I want to do everything I can to make sure I won't get cut off again. 

Not a particularly the nice, neat knot that I was after, so I wondering if anyone knows of a better knot??

Commonly try soaking the leader in hot water 

12 hours ago, commonly said:

I used three different knots on my leaders this year albrite mahin and palomar to loop the mahin looked the neatest but all are good the palomar to surgeons loop is just as good as any ready to tie leader. 

I worry too much about slipping so prefer the knot to loop set up. 

17 hours ago, commonly said:

Tie an overhand knot in the leader, but don't pull tight. Thread your mainline through the knot, and then tie a grinner or uni knot around the leader, wet and pull both knots tight. As habit I lighter tag the ends. 

I've used this knot for years, both carp fishing and sea fishing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/11/2020 at 17:34, salokcinnodrog said:

Tie an overhand knot in the leader, but don't pull tight. Thread your mainline through the knot, and then tie a grinner or uni knot around the leader, wet and pull both knots tight. As habit I lighter tag the ends. 

I've used this knot for years, both carp fishing and sea fishing. 

I used this knot for years while shore fishing with no problems what so ever.😁👍

• 4 weeks later...