Sonik axs range

Anyone have any experience with sonik axs range as I was thinking of getting the shelter and at a later date get the bivvy and over sheet as it fits all three models but after watching a quick review it go me thinking is their any difference between the bivvy and the shelter apart from the door and ground sheet?? 

3 hours ago, Lumeymorris said:

Anyone have any experience with sonik axs range as I was thinking of getting the shelter and at a later date get the bivvy and over sheet as it fits all three models but after watching a quick review it go me thinking is their any difference between the bivvy and the shelter apart from the door and ground sheet?? 

1 hour ago, greekskii said:

I don’t think there will be mate. They went on sale about 2 weeks before lockdown didn’t they? 
I saw these at the big one stoneleigh and they are quite impressive to be fair. Shelter you don’t need storm poles and it weighs 4kg less. 

IMG-20200410-WA0010.thumb.jpg.2fa235a21df0da7efb756a6b1d3c46bb.jpg

AXS Bivvy...Decent bivvy, mate set it up in my garden...

I was going for Brolly and Overwrap, but decided on Chub Brolly System.

T.F.T have brolly and Shelter on sale now.

3 hours ago, Lumeymorris said:

Brolly - can't have front or groundsheet, no vents.

Shelter - vents, add a front or groundsheet at later date.

Bivvy - Everything of the above.

Overwrap - fits all 3

👍

• 1 year later...

I know it's an old thread......

I've got the Brolly and overwrap, had for 12months now... Got the AXS Bivvy system today... Hopefully using the Bivvy at weekend. 

On 03/05/2020 at 09:46, Lumeymorris said:

I ended up going for it and got the shelter I think it was the one with no front or ground sheet but still had the option to add a door and aground sheet thought I was being clever as it was on sale and ended up cheaper to buy the shelter and overwrap than it was to buy the whole bivvy and overwrap but I've only just got the overwrap and I ordered it in November last year. but have to say for the money it is brilliant quick and easy to set up just like the tempest only its nearly half the price and much better head room I'm 6ft and have no problems sitting down in it which is what put me off the tempest!! 

1 hour ago, Lumeymorris said:

I ended up going for it and got the shelter I think it was the one with no front or ground sheet but still had the option to add a door and aground sheet thought I was being clever as it was on sale and ended up cheaper to buy the shelter and overwrap than it was to buy the whole bivvy and overwrap but I've only just got the overwrap and I ordered it in November last year. but have to say for the money it is brilliant quick and easy to set up just like the tempest only its nearly half the price and much better head room I'm 6ft and have no problems sitting down in it which is what put me off the tempest!! 

I think there awesome, not put the bivvy up yet, still in bag, but use the Brolly and overwrap at moment. 

The only small thing for me is how taught(tight) the Overwrap goes on and I makes the Brolly a little loose. 

But overall, great... Seen this pic online and didn't realise the space between bivvy and wrap. 

IMG-20210716-WA0008.thumb.jpeg.97f9a0d085be273182461e38fbfb94fa.jpeg

8 hours ago, Highy said:

I think there awesome, not put the bivvy up yet, still in bag, but use the Brolly and overwrap at moment. 

The only small thing for me is how taught(tight) the Overwrap goes on and I makes the Brolly a little loose. 

But overall, great... Seen this pic online and didn't realise the space between bivvy and wrap. 

IMG-20210716-WA0008.thumb.jpeg.97f9a0d085be273182461e38fbfb94fa.jpeg

That space should reduce condensation! If the overwrap is tight to the bivvy or brolly it is 'just another layer', you do need a gap. 

Even now with a plain brolly I get condensation on dewy colder summer nights, although I am positive the brolly itself does not leak. 

1 minute ago, salokcinnodrog said:

That space should reduce condensation! If the overwrap is tight to the bivvy or brolly it is 'just another layer', you do need a gap. 

Even now with a plain brolly I get condensation on dewy colder summer nights, although I am positive the brolly itself does not leak. 

For sure, didn't realise it gave about another foot or so. 

Was hoping be out tonight, but the Mrs put her foot down on this 1, but I'm out next week on a 24hr, week after for a loooo g day session, then week after for a 48hr.

• 7 months later...

I’ve been shopping around for a new lightweight shelter for the coming season and this axs range has really caught my eye , hence the thread resurrection.

I have a JRC sti 2 man Bivvy in the loft and whilst I love it , it is not only too damn heavy but the pramhoody poles were a nightmare to put together and to take apart were even worse so I’ve been perusing the big bad internet in search of something a bit lighter and quicker to erect etc .

im only liable to fish short sessions , 48’s tops , and since I’m now an old arthritic dinosaur the basic Brolley plus the wrap for night time looks just the ticket .

Has anybody got , or STILL got , and use one of these and can maybe big it up or slag it off maybe ?

Tbh I was originally looking for one of the TFG Brolley’s but can’t find any anywhere and think maybe they’ve gone out of business.

Then I came across these …

18 minutes ago, newmarket said:

I’ve been shopping around for a new lightweight shelter for the coming season and this axs range has really caught my eye , hence the thread resurrection.

I have a JRC sti 2 man Bivvy in the loft and whilst I love it , it is not only too damn heavy but the pramhoody poles were a nightmare to put together and to take apart were even worse so I’ve been perusing the big bad internet in search of something a bit lighter and quicker to erect etc .

im only liable to fish short sessions , 48’s tops , and since I’m now an old arthritic dinosaur the basic Brolley plus the wrap for night time looks just the ticket .

Has anybody got , or STILL got , and use one of these and can maybe big it up or slag it off maybe ?

Tbh I was originally looking for one of the TFG Brolley’s but can’t find any anywhere and think maybe they’ve gone out of business.

Then I came across these …

Hi New, 

I've got the AXS Bivvy system and Wrap. 

I started off with the AXS Brolly for days, then I added the Wrap for the Nights. 

Absolutely love em. 

The Brolly is 5,000 HH, Shelter is 10,000 HH, Bivvy 10,000 HH, Wrap 10,000 HH. 

I'm actually out tonight with the Bivvy and Wrap. 

The wrap when putting on (to me) is absolutely taught, and makes the brolly/bivvy a little flappy inside, but when it's on Its veeeery dark. 

All up in minutes is a plus point, but I've had 1 flaw and it was the Hub on top of the AXS range is made from plastic and 1 has actually broken on me, but Sonik sent a replacement no problem. 

8 minutes ago, Highy said:

Hi New, 

I've got the AXS Bivvy system and Wrap. 

I started off with the AXS Brolly for days, then I added the Wrap for the Nights. 

Absolutely love em. 

The Brolly is 5,000 HH, Shelter is 10,000 HH, Bivvy 10,000 HH, Wrap 10,000 HH. 

I'm actually out tonight with the Bivvy and Wrap. 

The wrap when putting on (to me) is absolutely taught, and makes the brolly/bivvy a little flappy inside, but when it's on Its veeeery dark. 

All up in minutes is a plus point, but I've had 1 flaw and it was the Hub on top of the AXS range is made from plastic and 1 has actually broken on me, but Sonik sent a replacement no problem. 

Sounds like Sonik’s customer service is pretty good mate .

I’ve priced em up and I can get hold of the brolly & wrap for less than two & a half , maybe adding the other bits afterward if I feel I need to .

I never use or very rarely use groundsheets anyway as most proper swims where I would fish are barked out anyway so it wouldn’t be needed though I may choose to get the front panel thingy at some stage .

one question though .

The wrap seems to have a couple of storm poles or frame type thing at the front .

Do they come with the wrap or do they have to be bought separately as I can’t find em on sale anywhere ?

3 minutes ago, newmarket said:

Sounds like Sonik’s customer service is pretty good mate .

I’ve priced em up and I can get hold of the brolly & wrap for less than two & a half , maybe adding the other bits afterward if I feel I need to .

I never use or very rarely use groundsheets anyway as most proper swims where I would fish are barked out anyway so it wouldn’t be needed though I may choose to get the front panel thingy at some stage .

one question though .

The wrap seems to have a couple of storm poles or frame type thing at the front .

Do they come with the wrap or do they have to be bought separately as I can’t find em on sale anywhere ?

The storm poles only come with the bivvy system... Other storm poles may fit, I tried the NGT ones and they were fine. 

2 hours ago, Highy said:

The storm poles only come with the bivvy system... Other storm poles may fit, I tried the NGT ones and they were fine. 

So you can start off with just the brolly and add the groundsheet , front bit and over wrap as and when you feel like it but to get it to work properly you have to buy the complete Bivvy to start with ?

Clever , clevvverrrr 🙄

1 minute ago, ouchthathurt said:

I still have and use my sti rapid erection 1 man bivvy… whoever named it didn’t think it through… 🙄

You think that’s hard you need to try the 2 man sti …

I’ll get me coat 😊

1 hour ago, newmarket said:

So you can start off with just the brolly and add the groundsheet , front bit and over wrap as and when you feel like it but to get it to work properly you have to buy the complete Bivvy to start with ?

Clever , clevvverrrr 🙄

Brolly - can't have front on, add groundsheet, no vents on bivvy. 

Bivvy - Everything of the above and sticks. 

Overwrap - fits all 3

16 hours ago, Highy said:

Brolly - can't have front on, add groundsheet, no vents on bivvy. 

Bivvy - Everything of the above and sticks. 

Overwrap - fits all 3

Just a thought but is it possible that a bigger set of storm poles might lift the overwrap a tad and create a gap between said wrap and brolly/shelter ?

Does the full biv have the same problem ?

Difficult for me to visualise it never having seen one close up .

1 hour ago, newmarket said:

Just a thought but is it possible that a bigger set of storm poles might lift the overwrap a tad and create a gap between said wrap and brolly/shelter ?

Does the full biv have the same problem ?

Difficult for me to visualise it never having seen one close up .

I think it's OK myself, but it won't let me upload any pics for some reason, I never used my wrap Last  night, had some condensation inside bivvy, but not much, was cold enough for wrap though, but little lad and dog had my bed, so I was in Trakker suit on recling Sonik Chair... Got 3 hours in. 

3 minutes ago, Highy said:

I think it's OK myself, but it won't let me upload any pics for some reason, I never used my wrap Last  night, had some condensation inside bivvy, but not much, was cold enough for wrap though, but little lad and dog had my bed, so I was in Trakker suit on recling Sonik Chair... Got 3 hours in. 

If it’s good enough for you then it’ll be good enough for me , though me being me , if I went down the axs route I’d still be looking to eliminate any possible problem .

see , if you hadn’t mentioned it I probably would never have noticed 🤣

how long do those NGT poles extend as I see Sonik do various sizes ?

Anyway , the important stuff , did you catch ?

33 minutes ago, newmarket said:

If it’s good enough for you then it’ll be good enough for me , though me being me , if I went down the axs route I’d still be looking to eliminate any possible problem .

see , if you hadn’t mentioned it I probably would never have noticed 🤣

how long do those NGT poles extend as I see Sonik do various sizes ?

Anyway , the important stuff , did you catch ?

The Sonik SKtek Storm Poles are Ideal and the ones they come with.... 

Nah, was a blank Bruno, mate caught though.