Dinton diary.

emmcee

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

There are lots of other good ones out there, 

Korda one isn't bad, I do like the bait works ones generally, the carp cast is OK apart from all the adverts and sponsored bits, if you like Lee mozza Morris the dna ones are quite good and funny, and the Nash ones are OK, if you like comedy there are loads of good ones, basically podcasts are great I now rarely listen to music when I drive just podcasts these days 👍

Well I did hear matey mention in the podcast  that they had done one with dean fletcher (current carp record holder, or at least was with " the parrot). He was on dinton when I was on there, a top bloke and a hell of angler. He only ever fished 1 night a week,  if he was lucky. But not seen him for a couple of years so I'll try and find that one and listen to what he's been upto. 👍

7 hours ago, emmcee said:

Well I did hear matey mention in the podcast  that they had done one with dean fletcher (current carp record holder, or at least was with " the parrot). He was on dinton when I was on there, a top bloke and a hell of angler. He only ever fished 1 night a week,  if he was lucky. But not seen him for a couple of years so I'll try and find that one and listen to what he's been upto. 👍

That one was also a good one 👍 you can listen to most of them through an app called acast or Spotify that's all I use really, i think most are available on iTunes if you have an apple device 

I use both apps as some are only available on one or the other 👍

Edited by elmoputney

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

That one was also a good one 👍 you can listen to most of them through an app called acast or Spotify that's all I use really, i think most are available on iTunes if you have an apple device 

I use both apps as some are only available on one or the other 👍

Just finished the one with dean, thought it was really good. Absolutely top man is dean and an absolute blast.  I'm guessing most of the funny bits in there were toned down knowing dean. 

I'll definitely listen to some more, cheers for opening my eyes or ears in this case elmo 👍

3 hours ago, emmcee said:

Just finished the one with dean, thought it was really good. Absolutely top man is dean and an absolute blast.  I'm guessing most of the funny bits in there were toned down knowing dean. 

I'll definitely listen to some more, cheers for opening my eyes or ears in this case elmo 👍

There are lots of great ones to try, I found I liked most of those ones, there are some good carp cast ones too if you find an angler you like the podcasts are usually OK, Frank Warwick has some great stories 

Well I'm no longer a member of dinton but needed to get out today for some excercise, so living only a 5 minute drive I thought I'd cycle down there. Proper weather for spotting a few and spot a few I did. I wish my phone had a polarized lens as it would show this fish much better. The picture doesn't do it justice but it is in fact " the saddleback linear" in black swan lake. I saw a long fish under an overhanging tree so took a closer look.  20200508_151725.thumb.jpg.6c3f41782f93deef7ebfc4a3c69a4b35.jpg

I could clearly see the tell tale dip in the dorsal fin and its obvious length and size and you can just make out some linear scales . Not sure what weight it was on its last capture but it's an upper 40 if not 50. 

Also spotted a few more around black swan. A few 20's and one other I'd put at mid 40lb. No pictures as the glare on the surface was wrong for a picture. 

Nice to see fish but now I really want to go Haha.  

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, crusian said:

Hi Emmcee

I was looking on Facebook yesterday and I came across a crazy looking  Mirror Carp called " Bling " from Black Swan ; have you ever come across Bling  ? .

Sorry if you've already mentioned Bling in this post as I haven't found time to read it all .

😃

I did fish on black swan for just over a season but I wasn't fortunate enough to catch that one. Crazy looking fish for sure. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/05/2020 at 18:59, emmcee said:

Well I'm no longer a member of dinton but needed to get out today for some excercise, so living only a 5 minute drive I thought I'd cycle down there. Proper weather for spotting a few and spot a few I did. I wish my phone had a polarized lens as it would show this fish much better. The picture doesn't do it justice but it is in fact " the saddleback linear" in black swan lake. I saw a long fish under an overhanging tree so took a closer look.  20200508_151725.thumb.jpg.6c3f41782f93deef7ebfc4a3c69a4b35.jpg

I could clearly see the tell tale dip in the dorsal fin and its obvious length and size and you can just make out some linear scales . Not sure what weight it was on its last capture but it's an upper 40 if not 50. 

Also spotted a few more around black swan. A few 20's and one other I'd put at mid 40lb. No pictures as the glare on the surface was wrong for a picture. 

Nice to see fish but now I really want to go Haha.  

Have you seen the recent capture of the saddleback lin wow that is an amazing beast, 

Screenshot_20200614_173507_com.instagram.android.thumb.jpg.0c41de4bc2ccadfd16382bc0c970329d.jpgScreenshot_20200614_173528_com.instagram.android.thumb.jpg.525831f7f9a080b261080d8bb0fe1626.jpg

22 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Screenshot_20200615_091713_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.59dd78b7460414ccb734678ffb624212.jpg

Not bad is it 😁

It's a cracking fish. That's with Scotty.K holding it. He fished white swan when I was on there. As my name is Scott as well a few of the lads decided on calling him "thin scott" and me, well I'll let you guess 🤣

Edited by emmcee