Duston mill reservoir

malcfish

On 25/02/2020 at 08:40, greekskii said:

Just had a rough measure of the entire park...comes close the 67 acres...think there may be a wire crossed there. Entire park is the 67 acres with a 35 acres res. in the middle. That makes more sense.

image.thumb.png.fa978e5261fb2d38674530b15d6452b3.png

That little lake top left looks absolutely banging, I remember seeing it for the first time on a map and just had to drive down to check it out, I walked round and took pics, there was some fishing going on at the time but I think officially it had been stopped.  Features galore, what a lake, would have loved to have fished it proper, some lumps in back then apparently.

15 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

That little lake top left looks absolutely banging, I remember seeing it for the first time on a map and just had to drive down to check it out, I walked round and took pics, there was some fishing going on at the time but I think officially it had been stopped.  Features galore, what a lake, would have loved to have fished it proper, some lumps in back then apparently.

Storton's pit. epic looking place isn't it. Old drag lined pit, hence the bars. I'd be surprised if much is left due to the otter being there the last few years but I bet there was some special ones in there at one point, probably still a few. 

2 hours ago, greekskii said:

Storton's pit. epic looking place isn't it. Old drag lined pit, hence the bars. I'd be surprised if much is left due to the otter being there the last few years but I bet there was some special ones in there at one point, probably still a few. 

It is truly epic mate - what a place!  If only more lakes were like that. 👍

• 5 months later...