Delkim EV-D

30 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

You'd have thought they would have started at that point hey.

Forget the remote and have to pack up and go home - which I've seen someone have to do - stupid idea IMO

Why.....????? there's always the option of watching your bobbins.... which, I might add.... is how it was done before alarms were invented....😛 hub-cap underneath the reel with a penny on the spool...?

See... old school still works...🤣

55 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

You'd have thought they would have started at that point hey.

Forget the remote and have to pack up and go home - which I've seen someone have to do - stupid idea IMO

Can honestly say I have never forgot a receiver as it’s in the same bag with my alarms bank sticks buzz bars bait and tackle even my bait bucket lol

however 

I did almost leave a brand new set of alarms on a jag pod all set up at the bank once 

Edited by framey

33 minutes ago, oscsha said:

Bit of an odd argument about forgetting the receiver you could apply that to any item of tackle .

Its not an arguement I dont care what alarms people choose.

An alarm with  no speakers just seems silly to me, when guys are travelling 2-3 hours to get to the syndi they seem perplexed when they haven't bought their receiver and have to go home.

Just an observation 👍

13 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

Its not an arguement I dont care what alarms people choose.

An alarm with  no speakers just seems silly to me, when guys are travelling 2-3 hours to get to the syndi they seem perplexed when they haven't bought their receiver and have to go home.

Just an observation 👍

Just as perplexed as the guy who forgets his net , bait , alarms etc etc LOL

It’s only an alarm guys 

I think those that have them can’t find faults with them because of their lightness waterproof ness and reliability and ruggedness 

same as those who argue for fox or the delkim Nash or Nevilles

however I don’t think I have ever seen any bad reviews regarding the att alarms apart from sticky cases

but there are hundreds on line about all the other brands 

tell a lie 

there is one on angling direct from a guy saying his isotopes were missing  in the ears of his att alarms when he bought them lol

tlb plus= ATTS with speaker lol

Edited by framey

7 minutes ago, oscsha said:

but they couldn't could they if they forget their net or alarms or bait , not sure what your trying to make either !

and there's me thinking this was a thread about alarms not what items you can and cannot forget - this is better!

I couldn't stay if I forgot my lighter, what couldn't you do without on the bank - do tell!

3 hours ago, oscsha said:

They could if they wanted to , but why would they when they can make more money doing it the way they are . They are afterall a business out there to make money .

I get it from a business point of view they will make more money but personally I think a £60 alarm these days should habe the ability to connect to an alarm 

3 hours ago, yonny said:

I don't get you point at all mate🤣

So your point is Delks are too expensive?

End of the day you can pick up a none-remote alarm for a tenner, or you can go for the top shelf Delks at 60.

If you want remote you can get cheapo alarms or you can get Delks at 135 a pop.

It's the same with all the top end alarms - Fox, Nash, Nevs, etc etc.

You can always go budget - JRC, Prologic, Wychwood etc. No one is forced to buy top end stuff.

Its not just about the money, it's more the fact that a set of alarms that cost £60 each should be able to directly connect to a remote these days, without the need to buy £100 worth of dongles and a receiver for it,would have no problem paying extra for a receiver, but I could've got dongles 20 years ago for my old fox mmx's, but then remotes were top end stuff, now there are loads of budget brands that have remote receivers it just seems odd that one of the pioneers of the alarm seem way behind on what could be the best selling mid priced range of alarms? 

1 minute ago, kevtaylor said:

and there's me thinking this was a thread about alarms not what items you can and cannot forget - this is better!

I couldn't stay if I forgot my lighter, what couldn't you do without on the bank - do tell!

I get some not liking silent ATTs alarms  as its a personal preference , but your just as likely to forget any other piece of equipment than you are the receiver .

12 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

Vape and spare batteries plus juice 

Food 

That's about it the rest I can find an alternative for usually 

I have had to buy travel mugs from garages though I do forget those quite often 

10 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Its not just about the money, it's more the fact that a set of alarms that cost £60 each should be able to directly connect to a remote these days, without the need to buy £100 worth of dongles and a receiver for it,would have no problem paying extra for a receiver, but I could've got dongles 20 years ago for my old fox mmx's, but then remotes were top end stuff, now there are loads of budget brands that have remote receivers it just seems odd that one of the pioneers of the alarm seem way behind on what could be the best selling mid priced range of alarms? 

So it is just about the money then 🤣😂😜

Delkim do not want to be known as the best selling mid-priced range of alarms. They are top shelf, big ticket, and you pay for it. That's their business model, their intended image within the market.  They have never had a budget/mid-price model - just a pricey remote model and a pricey none-remote model.

If we want cheaper remote alarms Delkim are the not where we will find them.

I would add - imo it would be commercial suicide for them to bring out a mid range remote alarm with the vibro/stylus technology. They'd never sell another TXI again.

Forgetting my receiver is a moot point as it lives in the bag with the alarms... dunno why it was brought up tell the truth... most folks keep their alarm stuff together... its common sense

If you don't...... well I you need to rethink the way you pack your gear....🤣

As for the ATTs not having speakers.... I tend not to irritate other folks on the banks setting my alarms because they are on vibro only and no-one can hear them... unlike mallet man and his foxes on full volume tinkering with the things every 5 minutes for something to do... for me it was one of the reasons I went with the Gardner offerings... and If I ever go over to the Delkim EV-D's then I'd use the Dongles and the gardner receiver to keep the alarms silent... ( if thats possible)

14 minutes ago, yonny said:

So it is just about the money then 🤣😂😜

Delkim do not want to be known as the best selling mid-priced range of alarms. They are top shelf, big ticket, and you pay for it. That's their business model, their intended image within the market.  They have never had a budget/mid-price model - just a pricey remote model and a pricey none-remote model.

If we want cheaper remote alarms Delkim are the not where we will find them.

I would add - imo it would be commercial suicide for them to bring out a mid range remote alarm with the vibro/stylus technology. They'd never sell another TXI again.

It's mainly just the having to buy dongles, that gets me with this range tbh, they would still be decently priced at say £90-100 if you could just buy a receiver, it is just the fact you have to buy dongles, 😲

Surely the EV range is priced to be affordable to most? I would say it's a mid priced alarm anyway, 

To be honest the Gardner Dongle system has bee used on hundreds of entry/mid level Delkims that don't have receiver tech already fitted and to buy the dongles and receiver still works out cheaper than a full set of TXi's and receiver... so if mt ATTs alarmsxwent pear chaped tomorrow I'd either buy another ATTs alarm or  Delkim D's and a pair of dongles and still have a good pair of remote alarms

14 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

It's mainly just the having to buy dongles, that gets me with this range tbh, they would still be decently priced at say £90-100 if you could just buy a receiver, it is just the fact you have to buy dongles, 😲

Surely the EV range is priced to be affordable to most? I would say it's a mid priced alarm anyway, 

I don't think Delkim are marketing this alarm to people that want a receiver though . 

28 minutes ago, oscsha said:

I don't think Delkim are marketing this alarm to people that want a receiver though . 

I am sure that is most people nowadays though isn't it? 

I don't want to argue about this😂, but that's my opinion, maybe if I tried the EV range I would never look at another brand and end up buying some TXi's but I quite like being able to turn my alarms down like bluelabel and just using the receiver at night , I would Also probably think a little differently if I already owned the dongles and receiver, I sold my fox alarms for this very reason tbh 

Maybe I am missing the point a little but to me I think I should be able to to buy a remote receiver for any alarm I want these days 

Edited by elmoputney