Opportunist Angling

B B

Opportunist Angling

I was on a 48 hr in November last year for a trip to Linear fisheries and decided to fish Brasenose one a Gravel pit of 32 acres. It was cold with bright sun so out went the zigs but with no joy. The lake was fishing hard and there was no action for me. On the last day I noticed a Grebe having more luck with what appeared to be nice Roach 3 rod lengths out from my swim so I wound in one of my carp rods set a feeder rod up with a maggot feeder 14 hook with 3 maggots on the hook. Now prior to this trip my biggest roach was just under a pound. I cast out with 2 pouches of maggots over the top. I put the rod down and the tip went round with a Roach of 2lb 3oz ! Nx cast tip went round 2lb 7 oz !! This is easy I thought with my hands shaking. Nx cast I bumped a fish and the swim went dead so i reeled in had a coffee putting out a pouch of maggots every 5mins. 30 mins later I had the biggest at 2lb 9oz and it was my last. I was in shock how fast it happened and still am. With A couple hours before we packed up I had a low 20 Common 

Linear has been kind to me of late with 5 pb’s in 3 trips 

7 hours ago, Big Bass said:

2lb 3oz....... 2lb 7 oz....... 2lb 9oz

That is some haul. I'm not a fan of B1/2 but no one could moan at an incredible result like that. Well done.

7 hours ago, Big Bass said:

Been trying to upload the pics but the file is to large any tip on how to upload them ?

If you're using a phone, try screenshotting it and uploading the screenshot. If you're using a PC, just compress the pic.

10 hours ago, Big Bass said:

Been trying to upload the pics but the file is to large any tip on how to upload them ?

Download a free program called Irfanview Link .  Import photo, select Image/Resize set width to 800 pixels (or any other size you want) and save it. It does much much more. I have been using it for many years.