What bivvy?

I used to have a jrc sti bivvy until mice turned it into what resembled Swiss cheese in the shed one winter a few years ago! I'm not looking at getting another so I can do some overnighters and looking for recommendations without breaking the bank.

I've looked at getting the same one again second hand but only come across the single skin version so far, does this just mean it doesn't have an overwrap or is that a separate thing altogether?

Also I'm thinking of getting a 2 man this time so my girlfriend can come with me some of the time. Is a 2 man worth the money? 

Any advice appreciated

Paul

1 hour ago, pablo7uk said:

I used to have a jrc sti bivvy until mice turned it into what resembled Swiss cheese in the shed one winter a few years ago! I'm not looking at getting another so I can do some overnighters and looking for recommendations without breaking the bank.

I've looked at getting the same one again second hand but only come across the single skin version so far, does this just mean it doesn't have an overwrap or is that a separate thing altogether?

Also I'm thinking of getting a 2 man this time so my girlfriend can come with me some of the time. Is a 2 man worth the money? 

Any advice appreciated

Paul

Single skin ones dont have a wrap I don't think, have a look at cyprinus bivvys and brollys they seem to do a good range and usually a good spec, 

Are you just looking for a used one ? Have you got a budget in mind ?

The most important feature for me is the time it takes to put up and take down, I don't want to be messing about with one for ages,

I love my cyprinus brolly system now, has a zip in front which I've never used yet and ive added a JRC multi fit mozzie mesh which fits well I might add and stops me getting bitten by those flying vampires whilst still having a good view of the lake 

Personally I would rather use a 1 man bivvy for my solo fishing as it's easier and quicker to put up and you don't get tempted to buy loads of other toot to fill the void as you haven't got much free space 😀

For days and quick sessions = Brolly for me.

Nights I use my 2 man bivvy as 90% of time little lad comes too.

My brolly is a Fox Supa Brolly mk2 60" £50 off a mate but no front or groundsheet...buying a wrap soon though.

My 2man Bivvy is a Carpzone All Seasons 2man £125 (full system) Groundsheet Wrap and 2 lots of pegs. It mahoosive.

16 hours ago, Highy said:

For days and quick sessions = Brolly for me.

Nights I use my 2 man bivvy as 90% of time little lad comes too.

My brolly is a Fox Supa Brolly mk2 60" £50 off a mate but no front or groundsheet...buying a wrap soon though.

My 2man Bivvy is a Carpzone All Seasons 2man £125 (full system) Groundsheet Wrap and 2 lots of pegs. It mahoosive.

That seems cheap for that model after doing a quick Google of it! Was it second hand? If not you need to tell me where to buy haha

1 hour ago, pablo7uk said:

That seems cheap for that model after doing a quick Google of it! Was it second hand? If not you need to tell me where to buy haha

The brolly was 2nd hand...

The bivvy was off Amazon...i think @smufter also got 1 ??? 

Carpzone there self is 279.99...

It is an awsome bivvy but hard work on ure own...

On 04/10/2019 at 18:03, pablo7uk said:

jrc sti bivvy

Keep an eye out for the 2 man twin skin. I've had mine 5 years, no problems whatsoever! Absolute steal at £200 new. They've stopped making them now😭 more expensive ones don't compare for condensation control. No need for the winter skin in summer, keeps the mozzies out and you can still see the stars. 

56 minutes ago, commonly said:

Keep an eye out for the 2 man twin skin. I've had mine 5 years, no problems whatsoever! Absolute steal at £200 new. They've stopped making them now😭 more expensive ones don't compare for condensation control. No need for the winter skin in summer, keeps the mozzies out and you can still see the stars. 

Agree with all of the above, I've had mine at least 15 years and it's still as good as new. One thing, though. Whoever specified the dimensions of the Sti 2-man was an amoeba. No way in this world will two half-decent bedchairs fit in there!

Ian.

15 hours ago, Highy said:

The brolly was 2nd hand...

The bivvy was off Amazon...i think @smufter also got 1 ??? 

Carpzone there self is 279.99...

It is an awsome bivvy but hard work on ure own...

No mate. I got the Quest 2 man..... 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Quest-Fishing-Overnight-Shelter-Brolly/dp/B074QVR8PB

I "think" I paid about £160.00 for it. It's okay but more 1.5 man than 2 man if I'm honest.

Might sound silly but is the bivvy only waterproof with the overwrap on? Sorry but I've only ever seen one up close!!

Also just had a response from the eBay seller about the cyprinus bivvy and apparently they share production with the trakker armo model...so basically they're identical!

16 minutes ago, yonny said:

That's one way of putting it lol.

They're ripped off.... they buy the the same bivvys from source and re-badge so yes they're identical.

They're waterproof without the wrap buddy.

They aren't all identical are they ? 

My basic understanding is the Higher the HH number the more waterproof they are 

Link worked for me btw it was a JRC 4G 1 man bivvy with wrap 

Screenshot_20191007_155836_com.facebook.katana.jpg