Angling Death

salokcinnodrog

Another angling death on Sunday:

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/chantry-park-ipswich-suffolk-closure-for-body-found-1-6270782

Anyone who knows me, via here or Facebook knows how often I walk round the park with my dog.

The air ambulance was just taking the body away as I was walking my dog round the park lake on Sunday morning.

Two police officers inside the police tape on the bank footpath with bivvy inside as well.

I had actually walked Sky around the park at 23.30 the night before, doing a 'patrol' against poaching and taking of fish, and I know darn well the 'angler' concerned was drunk and 'smoking'.

9 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

Very sad regardless of his activities. I find it hard to imagine it being possible to drown in such circumstance. Unless you literally cannot swim. In that case I’d suggest fishing isn’t their game. Or having waders on and falling in maybe? Thoughts out to his family and friends 

Stumble out of the bivvy, trip over, knock yourself out and fall into the lake? 

I can do that when sober, add alcohol and weed and it is curtains.

Why go fishing to get drunk and high. If that's what you want to do just do in a safer environment. Save the fishing for when you actually want to fish. It is sad and tragic for his family and friends but if you  spend the night by the water drunk and high your asking for trouble. 

Edited by finchey

Very sad news,but unfortunately i think it's all too.common nowadays everyone seems to want to be part of the yahoo crew or something,and going to the pub all day seems acceptable still 

I do take a 4 pack of beer fishing with me usually but never feel the need to get smashed I just enjoy unwinding  after a hard day to get to the lake,

3 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

That’s such a bizarre thing to do. Go fishing and get out your head. Fishing is where you go to unwind. I presume these are on overcrowded mud bowls full of battered fish. I steer clear from such venues. If I can see anymore than  two bivvies, I probably wouldn’t fish that place 

You don't fish any of the essex club waters that half decent fish in then !! Some of the Essex clubs have (maybe still do) had major problems with idiots getting drunk and off their heads on god knows what .