What have you forgotten today?

elmoputney

40 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

It’s like the unspoken thing of fishing. And it’s something that’s gone through my mind. I don’t night fish often atal. But most the people on here do and go to waters without toilets. But what do they do when they need a pony? 😂😂😂. I’m genuinely intrigued as one day I will face this dilemma lol. 

In the van somewhere is an 18L pail, heavy duty bin liners, a toilet seat, toilet paper, and a shovel, (just in case there's no place to put it). 

10 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

It’s like the unspoken thing of fishing. And it’s something that’s gone through my mind. I don’t night fish often atal. But most the people on here do and go to waters without toilets. But what do they do when they need a pony? 😂😂😂. I’m genuinely intrigued as one day I will face this dilemma lol. 

Its normally a bucket hidden in an out of the way place, then buried. The baby wipes go in my bin bag, which is put into the bin  at the venue.

If I can't bury it is bagged and binned.

It is a pet hate of mine seeing excrement and bog roll on the bank, and Eastern Europeans have been leaving that mess around. You can tell if you have been Eastern Europeaned!

I have been contacting my local council about the mess left on a park lake, which consists of toilet roll. Not a nice place to walk round.

1 hour ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Its normally a bucket hidden in an out of the way place, then buried. The baby wipes go in my bin bag, which is put into the bin  at the venue.

If I can't bury it is bagged and binned.

It is a pet hate of mine seeing excrement and bog roll on the bank, and Eastern Europeans have been leaving that mess around. You can tell if you have been Eastern Europeaned!

I have been contacting my local council about the mess left on a park lake, which consists of toilet roll. Not a nice place to walk round.

Eastern Europeaned lol i set up in a peg a few months that had a real nasty ming to it,  yet if i don't pick up after the dog we both get banned.

Most of the fisheries i have visited these past few years have porta bogs but to be honest i can usually hang on till i get home. 

18 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Eastern Europeaned lol i set up in a peg a few months that had a real nasty ming to it,  yet if i don't pick up after the dog we both get banned.

Most of the fisheries i have visited these past few years have porta bogs but to be honest i can usually hang on till i get home. 

Very few of the fisheries I am interested in have toilets nearby, well unless I am fishing near the cafe at Alton, which is rare, too obvious and open. Nazeing I did often walk up to the public toilets at Dobbs Weir.

Even Sky tries to bury her own, in the undergrowth, she will not go on the path (or pavement) unless desperate. She has more decency than many Eastern Europeans!

Talking of things forgotten, toilet roll or baby wipes is one I make sure I never forget. Baby wipes can also be used to help wash up after cooking, so are always in the rucksack. I also keep a bag with toilet roll in the car.

Oh yes, I did manage to forget my rucksack once. Of course that houses clothes, cooking equipment, rig bins and scales.

1 hour ago, Dannygooner said:

@salokcinnodrog how’s the new job and how u getting on on Alton mate?

Jobs going well, thanks.

Finding fish is tough on Alton, can't be too obvious of where I'm fishing, so long walks and minimum of gear for trips, but it is still two carries to the swim as I need plenty of bait and dog food for Sky.

Last trip I 'forgot' my spare unhooking mat and chair. Sky sometimes sleeps on the mat rather than the ground, and the chair is just a pain to carry, even inside the mat, so I have been sitting on bucket or across the bedchair.

21 hours ago, crusian said:

You're not easily put off are you , Mufty ? .

The thing I don't understand is doesn't your local have any trees and bushes tucked away , and together with a trowel you wouldn't need to go home .? .

😃

Have to be comfy when I'm dropping the kids at the pool mate.

😅

I spent 13yrs in the army... One thing I've got left over from those days is an entrenching tool (a mini fold up shovel)

I'll leave the rest to your imagination! 

I did a few courses over the years where you would use a sheet of cling film to catch the "deposit" before wrapping it up and putting it in a nice Tupperware box to take away with you! 

I tend not to rely on that method these days...

14 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

This thread was a curse. So today I took my brolly to the river. No pole!!!! It hammered it down. Had to make a brolly pole in the rain out of a stick 😒. Then I notice my bobbins bouncing up and down. 2lb chub whilst looking for perch. Batteries ran out, always take spares, but not today. But the most bizarre thing is for all the trouble and strife I had some great catches. A near on 2lb Rudd, didn’t even think Rudd were in this river. Few 1lb plus roach. Chub, bundles of bream and a few lumpy stripeys. Alls well that ends well

It is the bad times that make the good times good mate!