What is your prebaiting practise?

emmcee

15 hours ago, dayvid said:

90 kg just to pre bait , hope you get the results that deserves.

In all the years I've done it, its never failed. Be that 1 chunk or several or lots of fish, I've always got my rewards. Been on my current lake 4yrs now and every year me or my mate on the bait with me has been top rod and both caught every fish over 40lb in the lake.  My mate brought 90kg as well, he will be fishing the lake so should do well. 

September was always my favourite month tbh,I doubt there are many times better for a good pre baiting campaign, if time allows I will be fishing harder then 

Do you tend to focus your baiting to one area @emmcee or spread it about the lake on various spots ? (If you dont mind me asking :):)

6 hours ago, elmoputney said:

September was always my favourite month tbh,I doubt there are many times better for a good pre baiting campaign, if time allows I will be fishing harder then 

Do you tend to focus your baiting to one area @emmcee or spread it about the lake on various spots ? (If you dont mind me asking :):)

Go down the lake, find fish, feed fish. Simple as that. 

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I wish it was that simple where I am they are really good at hiding I saw one in an area that is completely unfishable today 

If I saw fish in an unfishable area on my baiting up trips then that's where I would feed them. A mate of mine has it in his head that where he baits on his Wednesday baiting up session is where he has to fish on the weekend.  If the fish are there then fair enough. I've baited up on a Wednesday before with a bucket of particle and 6kg of Boilies only to fish the opposite end of the lake when I arrived on the friday. Proceeded to catch a fair few fish that weekend which a few of them were passing my bait/particle on the unhooking mat. 

Always a risk in baiting up that someone will be in the swim you have baited or they benefit from it. 

On 09/07/2019 at 18:05, emmcee said:

My latest purchase, 90kg of premier baits finest. That's all for pre-baiting for when I return in September.  20190706_103750.thumb.jpg.0a6a2bfd0e2796548687b2f763aa6a6d.jpg

What have you gone for Emmcee ? .

That's what I call confidence in your bait , I'm sure you won't be chopping and changing baits now ! .

😃

1 hour ago, emmcee said:

If I saw fish in an unfishable area on my baiting up trips then that's where I would feed them. A mate of mine has it in his head that where he baits on his Wednesday baiting up session is where he has to fish on the weekend.  If the fish are there then fair enough. I've baited up on a Wednesday before with a bucket of particle and 6kg of Boilies only to fish the opposite end of the lake when I arrived on the friday. Proceeded to catch a fair few fish that weekend which a few of them were passing my bait/particle on the unhooking mat. 

Always a risk in baiting up that someone will be in the swim you have baited or they benefit from it. 

I tend to put a bit in a few places and keep trickling it in, unless I am trying to make something happen or clear a spot then I may go heavier , but even then I will make sure there is also bait in other places,tbh I would've put some in but I had already emptied the bucket in other spots today 

1 hour ago, crusian said:

What have you gone for Emmcee ? .

That's what I call confidence in your bait , I'm sure you won't be chopping and changing baits now ! .

😃

I've been on that particular bait for years now. It's a custom recipe rolled in the supaminos base mix. As for confidence in my bait, everytime I cast out my bait is the least of my worries,  its whether I'm in the right place or not that's my only concern.  

12 hours ago, emmcee said:

As much as I agree with any prebait is a benefit; at Nazeing baiting up the inlet sluice was a waste of time and effort, we didn't want them to stay in there, and if people prebaited there as well as the daphnia they could stay in a tiny area for months at a time.

On Earith I tended to bait up the whole lake, various areas, so the fish got used to bait all over.

Prebaiting one spot what do you do if when you get down next time if your swim is taken by someone else? There are some who will go on your work, or it could be a genuine accidental choice.

8 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

As much as I agree with any prebait is a benefit; at Nazeing baiting up the inlet sluice was a waste of time and effort, we didn't want them to stay in there, and if people prebaited there as well as the daphnia they could stay in a tiny area for months at a time.

On Earith I tended to bait up the whole lake, various areas, so the fish got used to bait all over.

Prebaiting one spot what do you do if when you get down next time if your swim is taken by someone else? There are some who will go on your work, or it could be a genuine accidental choice.

I tend not to continually bait a spot as like you say there is a chance someone might go in there. Though when I have done this,  it is in the winter months when the lake is much quieter and the few of you left fishing tend to come to an agreement, well that's what has happened on the lakes I fished.  

That Is why I've only gone on baiting teams with people I trust 100%. We work for each other.  My first year on my current lake,  I fished it and baited it whilst my other mate fished out his last year on his lake. He still put in over 150kg that year, most of which he gave to me to put in. I was top rod by a mile. The following winter I was going down mid week putting in 5kg a week with my mate coming down on the weekends to fish, he rinsed the lake, catching  more fish that winter than most caught in a season. And the good thing is no one knows about his catches to this day. I was going down in the middle of the night to do pics for him. 

When done right and with people you trust , pre-baiting can make your fishing very easy.  As long as you fish properly yourself. 

7 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I never got to grips with the big part of that water so I used to focus on the islands half but I had about a dozen different spots I used to bait, I found that worked out well for me there were usually plenty of fish up that end but looking back I could've benefitted from mastering it as a whole, I sometimes think I wouldn't mind going back one day 

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I never got to grips with the big part of that water so I used to focus on the islands half but I had about a dozen different spots I used to bait, I found that worked out well for me there were usually plenty of fish up that end but looking back I could've benefitted from mastering it as a whole, I sometimes think I wouldn't mind going back one day 

The only place I prebaited on the main open part was the margins on the path between Pingrees, the rushes at the lake junction, and the brambles by the old brick pump station. Most did go in the island section.

I did see fish swim between the two sections, so I was sure that in the islands and open water they were finding the bait.

13 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I did see fish swim between the two sections, so I was sure that in the islands and open water they were finding the bait.

Most definately, I used to try and intercept them on the way through, when I fished it there was a tree with 1 overhanging branch in the middle  and underneath that it was so clear it was a great little spot to try and stop them 

5 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Most definately, I used to try and intercept them on the way through, when I fished it there was a tree with 1 overhanging branch in the middle  and underneath that it was so clear it was a great little spot to try and stop them 

Just under the tree to the left is where I had my first carp from Earith, and the same night my first 20.

The first carp was an absolute wood carving double figure common, and the 20 was a beaut.