Fluorocarbon leaders.

Dicky123

1 hour ago, Dicky123 said:

I'm looking at trying a 4-6 feet fluro leader this season. Just wanted to know the best knot for mono to fluro please. Thanks guys.

Tie an overhand loop in the thicker material, then the thinner material put through the loop parallel and tie a Grinner or Uni knot around the thicker material. I lighter blob the tag ends.

I would suggest checking leader to mainline knots regularly, and please make sure any end tackle can be ejected in the event of a crack or break-off. If it goes anywhere, it is nearly always at the leader mainline knot.

I use this knot Shockleader knot and it is very very strong. I’ve never come close to breaking it. I’ve even straightened out hooks on snags. 

I use avid outline if I’m using an fluoro leader. It straightened out very well and sinks well but is supple enough to lay nicely. It’s as invisible as you can get underwater too as it’s got a smokey brown  pattern to it unlike other white clear fluorocarbons. 

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question about the avid leader if I may, 

I've just bought some leads without swivels on, if I tie one on the the end of the leader I wouldn't have a swivel is that going to cause twisting on cast? I have tied on a quick link but don't really like that either 

Happy with the rest of it bank tackle sinkers with Tungsten beads seem good they shouldn't move without a bit of force, and the fluoro leader looks like a winner, but just not dead happy with the lead end? 

What's the solution please? 

If your fishing hele style just use a quick clip , all nicely hidden under a sleeve,  have a look at the esp buffer sleeves,  they work well & do soak up the bounce of the lead a fair bit tbh when playing a fish .

Just had a quick look .... there esp chod rig sleeve

Edited by chillfactor