Leads

Silly question... just going through my kit and although I tend to use light leads I seem to have loads of the things.... how many do you guys carry at a time...? I had summat like 10 flat pear swivelled  1oz -1.5 oz and and perhaps  15 flat inline of the same and a few  2.5 COG'S... I know its probably too many.... trying to lighten the load but the obsessive bit  in me says I need em

I put a couple of spares in each rod bag. I recently decided to stick to one shape as much as I can, "square pears"  in 2.5/3 oz, covers 99% of my fishing..... Like you Bluelabel, I used to carry loads, 20 plus and all shapes, sizes and coatings... Some tiny 1/2 oz inlines, that I forgot I had... Once you get to that stage, you may as well give them away, which is exactly what I did.

4 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

I never take a full bulging tackle box anymore. I pack only what I need the night before with a few spares. Just means I'm more organised as I know exactly what I've got and where it is. I see fellas with 12 tubs of pop ups, bulging messy heavy tackle boxes. Is it all really needed? I bet 80% of it all never gets used. The way I see it is the less I have the more mobile I am. Being easily mobile has caught me more fish.

You been spying on me fella? 😝😉

I seem to carry a fair few. But that's mainly due to the water I'm fishing at the minute. And my laziness to not bother organising my lead pouch. Probably around 20-30 leads from 1oz to 3oz. 

Also that extra weight in my rucksack helps burn some vital extra calories whilst I'm barrowing about. That's my justification anyway! 

I've just cleared out my old tackle box and transferred everything into my new Korda pouch and Tacklesafe. I only ever use 1oz leads so have just put 6 in there, one for each rod and 3 as spares.

If I lose that lot through my own my stupidity I'll freeline (or be kicked off the lake) lol!!.

:lol:

Edited by smufter

2 hours ago, greekskii said:

and that was before the dropping the lead fashion! Some likely lads will be doing this around the local commercials making mega bucks!

After diving and collecting loads from the water...😉😅

5 hours ago, greekskii said:

and that was before the dropping the lead fashion! Some likely lads will be doing this around the local commercials making mega bucks!

An old boy on one of my old waters used to sell leads to us for about 50p each.

One day he showed us ones he had made from a sea shapes ice cube set, crab shapes and all sorts hilarious!

Looked pretty good lol  and he always called me Steve!  Great times 😊