NGT Tackle - Anygood

44 minutes ago, yonny said:

It's a tricky one; I think developing ideas (copying and improving) is progress. Different to blatantly ripping off the exact same design.

Don't get me wrong I do agree with you but maybe in 10 years time ngt may be developing there own products and doing all sorts of good stuff who knows they may not, but maybe one day they will be in a stronger position to develop and put something back into the sport they have made a crust from 

22 hours ago, yonny said:

That's not really fair lads. Korda designed both products, came up with the materials, determined how they could be made, designed tooling, and went through all the prototype phases. That is a process that takes many, many months and costs a hell of a lot. I know that because the company I work for design and manufacture products.

What about the stoves that were mentioned on here a while back that were twice the price if they had a Trakker logo... there's lots of camping stuff that gets ripped off by tackle manufacturers and a hefty premium added to the price... swings and roundabouts Yonny... swings and roundabouts...👍😎

45 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

What about the stoves that were mentioned on here a while back that were twice the price if they had a Trakker logo... 

Absolutely agree bud, re-branding is ripping people off, fact, but Korda don't do that (or if they do I can't think of an example). They appear to me to have principles which is why I find it odd that they are a target for so many outspoken anglers.

Trakker, Aqua, Nash, all guilty of ripping people off..... Nash recently obtained the old Taska tungsten range of products. On the chod beads they halved the qty in the pack and nigh-on doubled the price. Now I understand the purpose of any business is ultimately to yield profit but that is taking the mick imo.

Yup... Tackle manufacturers are pretty good at making money... even the angling media take the pee out of employees too... when you think that Angling generates £3.7bn of commerce in this country it's not hard to see how... with fisheries, licences, employees, manufacturers, bait firms, charnel houses, etc.... and we as anglers pay for the privilege one way or another  

• 2 weeks later...
On 14 May 2019 at 07:43, yonny said:

And do you think Gardener designed the curve shank hook bud?

Loads of fly patterns have been brought into carp fishing. Think of the first, low water Salmon, albeit they did need trimming and soldering, then the B175 for the bent hook rigs. Without bending them I still like the B175 for pop-up rigs, and an extended shank with silicon (not shrink) tubing. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, finchey said:

Hi elmo whats your views on the pop up cradle after a few months of use, is it still in one piece and still popping up ok?🙂👍

I once put a bream in it and the smell won't go away otherwise its OK 😁

I have found sometimes the sides can be leapt by an angry carp if its not pegged down but it stays tight if it is 

Edited by elmoputney

5 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I once put a bream in it and the smell won't go away otherwise its OK 😁

I have found sometimes the sides can be leapt by an angry carp if its not pegged down but it stays tight if it is 

Thanks for your reply elmo. I've got one on my Christmas list. 🙂👍

2 minutes ago, Highy said:

I have the Saber Quick Mat...identical to the NGT cradle but the bag it comes in looks more robust and I think is slightly bigger...

The bag material on the ngt is thick and very robust mines been through the wars and is still standing any zip I can break I will i haven't broke an ngt one yet 🤐

10 minutes ago, Highy said:

I have the Saber Quick Mat...identical to the NGT cradle but the bag it comes in looks more robust and I think is slightly bigger...

Cheers for that highy but I've now ordered the ngt one to be put away for Christmas by the wife.🙂👍

Edited by finchey

12 minutes ago, finchey said:

Cheers for that highy but I've now ordered the ngt one to be put away for Christmas by the wife.🙂👍

why can't our wives let us use our kit before Christmas, the sentiment is the same and if we catch summat on it before, then it's more of a gift to us anglers....😍

I'm not allowed to use my Avon or even spool up my new Abu....😋🤣

Edited by bluelabel

1 hour ago, bluelabel said:

why can't our wives let us use our kit before Christmas, the sentiment is the same and if we catch summat on it before, then it's more of a gift to us anglers....😍

Good I think you should wait 😁

It keeps the christmas spirit alive and gives you some Christmas magic 3ven if you know what it is 😁🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🤶🤶🤶🤶🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅

2 hours ago, bluelabel said:

I actually like having my prezzies on the day plus I don't think the wife would wrap it if it was full of fish slim.😂🤣😂

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Me too I've just gone for first tea break at work  to find I've left my dinner at home 😁😭

Cup a soups,pot noodle,super noodles and soup. They go everywhere with me on site either in locker or work bag if I’m the other end of the yard........ just incase I forget or get asked to work late short notice. 😉😬