First fish of the year

nigewoodcock

Had a couple of hours spare this afternoon some went down the lake for a bit with the rods.

Literally 5 minutes after casting in the rig, over 3 spods of bait, the rod was off!

I was just getting the second rod out the sleeve!!!! I used the same B5, black snail and B5 pellet mix again with the added liquid B5 food. Absolutely instant attraction to a bait that they must now be accepting as a good food source. Being the bailiff and only having a select few members on the lake, I know exactly what bait goes in and I'm the only one on essential. The weekly baiting I do, throughout the year including winter, is really paying off.

ace2e6f9ee5b7ecc41f9f5d4e52169d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's great to see someone getting the rewards from their hard graft ; there seems to be quite a few on the Forum who soldier on with very little to show for all their efforts .

:wink:

I'm out at the weekend hopefully I can add a pic that has something other than rods and robins in it

Had a couple of hours spare this afternoon some went down the lake for a bit with the rods.

Literally 5 minutes after casting in the rig, over 3 spods of bait, the rod was off!

I was just getting the second rod out the sleeve!!!! I used the same B5, black snail and B5 pellet mix again with the added liquid B5 food. Absolutely instant attraction to a bait that they must now be accepting as a good food source. Being the bailiff and only having a select few members on the lake, I know exactly what bait goes in and I'm the only one on essential. The weekly baiting I do, throughout the year including winter, is really paying off. ace2e6f9ee5b7ecc41f9f5d4e52169d1.jpg

Cracking fish mate 8) 8-) 8)

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, nigewoodcock said:

Another quick bite within 15 minutes of casting the first rod in and putting 5 spods of boilie and pellet over the top, doused in liquid B5.

04 02 2017 13lb.jpg

Well done Nige .

I noticed you have upped your spods from 3 to 5 ; is this because you have sensed increased fish activity ? .

:)