The football thread

It's a double edged sword tho Dal

I don't think it is, Stevo. Don't get me wrong, I've loved the game since I was old enough to stand up; but the game is much more skilfull now and, by extension, much  more entertaining.

It's the main reason why there is so much money in football now IMHO :wink:

Edited by dalthegooner

I don't think it is, Stevo. Don't get me wrong, I've loved the game since I was old enough to stand up; but the game is much more skilfull now and, by extension, much  more entertaining.

. Think it may look more skilful because tackling isn't allowed anymore mate to be honest. :)

I agree it's allowed the more skillfull players to shine ..... And the less skillfull to cheat more .... Games changed 110% from the 70,s ain't it .

. Think it may look more skilful because tackling isn't allowed anymore mate to be honest. :)

Don't agree, Bivvy.

The fact that you are no longer allowed to kick each other off of the pitch has let much more technically gifted players come to the fore (Not saying there weren't technically gifted players in the past but there wasn't anywhere near as many :wink: ).

Glenn Hoddle France 98"

If they touch you,you go down .... I was born and bread rugby league,certain sports (football included) are contact sports, and agree with you 100% but nasty tackles are few and far between nowadays .... Tbh it's got a lot better this year and refs in our game have taken into account the conditions and if the man won the BALL fairly in the tackle .... Years ago it was man then ball

Glenn Hoddle France 98"

If they touch you,you go down .... I was born and bread rugby league,certain sports (football included) are contact sports, and agree with you 100% but nasty tackles are few and far between nowadays .... Tbh it's got a lot better this year and refs in our game have taken into account the conditions and if the man won the BALL fairly in the tackle .... Years ago it was man then ball

. Lol,it may be that I'm slightly biased because of a penalty at villa park that lost us the game right at the end. :(:wink:

I think Phil Neal is LFC most decorated player..... And how could I forget God (fowler)

To be fair I think it's impossible to get us all agree on best 11 ...... Throw in the mix Hypia,Craig Johnson,Torres,Billy Liddle,john Wark..... And Emile Heskey

And yea we deffo got out of Jail in that one Bivvy

Again if I'm totally honest Blues weren't doing much going forward until we got the penalty late on :) Couldn't believe it was the same team after the penalty though,totally transformed and but for the ref bottling it we would have had another penalty. :( Still it's Liverpool who's name went on the trophy and that's all that matters at the end of the day. :)

Great start to the second half. Fair play to D.ick Advocaat for changing it up and going for the win.

Think I would have kept the attack v defence going if I were in his place :wink:

He has to Dal . He knows Hull and Newcastle will win on sunday :wink: