The football thread

Or probably the best natural finisher I've seen in Robbie Fowler :)

Exactly , the hub cap nickers have had SO many triffic players in my lifetime alone there just aint room for em all .

Theres orobably 4 or 5 world class teams can be made up out of their hall of fame .

Lucky boys nearly always had some cracking footie to watch didnt they ?

surely our Phil, the Irchester wizard, 92 England caps is worth a mention

He is certainley worth a mention CM , one of the 'so many'.

I spose the Northampton boys were a wee bit biased of course but i remember talk at the time , obvious jealosy , about him only getting the england gig cos of who he played for .

I cant remember who his rival would have been at the time , must have been one ?

Sad to hear about FL mate a NT legend . I had a mate at school was a town fan , worshipped him , used to stand in the Hotel end :wink:

I think Phil Neal is LFC most decorated player..... And how could I forget God (fowler)

To be fair I think it's impossible to get us all agree on best 11 ...... Throw in the mix Hypia,Craig Johnson,Torres,Billy Liddle,john Wark..... And Emile Heskey

And yea we deffo got out of Jail in that one Bivvy

Emile Heskey; the worst forward that everyone loved to play with :wink:

Without naming a full 11. Fowler would definitely be in it. The best natural finisher I've ever seen.  8) Sniffing the white line gave him a premature end to his career IMHO.

But, to todays football. Glad we got a draw. We were the better team in the second half but, to be fair, didn't deserve anything from the game (Makes a change that we got a point though :wink: ).

I think we only tend to glorify players that are fresh in our minds, all this speculation about Messi being the best ever, so many great players of bygone years are just forgotten.

While I understand and appreciate what you are saying; Messi is still better than all of them :wink:

Messi is a god on the football field. I'd have his babies any day :wink::P:mrgreen:

being part Paddy was it any worse than Thiery Henry against Ireland.

Not at all. I think that the Ireland v France game should have been replayed.

The BIG difference in people is that Thierry admitted it. Maracheater STILL won't admit it.

Edited by dalthegooner

Liam Brady the best player Liverpool never had ..... His goal still gets played on MOTD.... Someone post it up,in the days of sodden muddy pitches,bog standard footy boots and standard balls that goal still makes me go WOW !!!

Imagine him nowadays with the way design has improved the way players kick a ball

steady on Stevo, he is late 30s, some people reckon he is Liverpools best ever, but for me Kenny as a player and a role model.

Finished his career 1960 I think mate .... The old heads stil wax lyrical about him

King Kenny was the one .... He's the main reason Rush scored so many goals

it does just make the point about these forgotten heroes, its so easy to make a judgement about what is in front of you. I doubt most of the modern players could have withstood the physical aspect of days gone by, Crewe nicknamed Crude Alexander used to recruit ex rugby league players, Mick Evans springs to mind as the roughest player I have ever seen, Frank Large and company got rough back, different BETTER game now.

I corrected it for you, CM :wink: