The football thread

Aha I'm BACK :)

I missed yesterday's game , first I've missed in ages but it would appear Bilic didn't learn his lesson from the Leicester game , no wide players leaving the full backs exposed forcing them to make schoolboy errors.

Took me 3 years to get on the dinosaurs back so I'll reserve the slagging off until such times but I expect at least one winger and a striker to come in very soon and maybe a right back .

It would appear Arsenals 4th choice has lost interest by all reports I've read .

See you in 40 odd years Tim.

Well done 3 deserved points mate.... Not sure about your new manager parking the bus ..... Is that the West Ham way you crave ?

But the best team won today, we was poor

YNWA

So what does everyone think about the "Green Card" for fair play being trialled in Italy?

I should think it will be quite successful , what with all the retreating :)

At least your lot could win the most green cards award :lol:

Wet Spam won't win any green cards with Bilic. He'll get a good few reds himself this season :wink:

I think it's a rubbish idea. Punish cheating in the game properly; job done!! :wink:

Grief, can't believe it, another England win.

Sam Marino last week was as easy, but tonight they actually gave a half decent performance against a half decent team.

The first half though, bit of a urgh, no show, yet in the second they woke up.

Kane, hasn't scored for Spurs this season, yet two class goals for his country.

It's all about records though, you wouldn't have bet against Rooney taking any penalty would you.

I do however think this was the most important goal of the night though

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=946114085427174

I'm no good with either but will adopt them out to good homes. I can't even look at a football without jamming my finger. [emoji12] The soccer ball is a Coke FIFA Brazil 2014 souvenier ball. I've found both kinds up there over the years, plus innumerable tennis balls, the odd hackysack, phones, pipes, stolen wallets, packs etc.

Here's something interesting to debate . As far as I know there are no Man Utd fans that frequent this board so there should be no biased views .

Wayne Rooney broke the England goal scoring record last night when he scored that penalty against the Swiss .

Here's the question . Is that record worth the paper it's written on when it has took him 12 years to achieve it , most of them were scored against tinpot teams like San Marino and he always seems to go missing in major championship finals against the better teams ?

Compare that to Bobby Charlton's 49 goals that were scored when international football really meant something against Proper teams such as USSR , Yugoslavia , Chechoslavakia , Krautsville etc ? In the days when outside World Cup years we played about 4 internationals a year ?

Discuss :)

Here's something interesting to debate . As far as I know there are no Man Utd fans that frequent this board so there should be no biased views .

Wayne Rooney broke the England goal scoring record last night when he scored that penalty against the Swiss .

Here's the question . Is that record worth the paper it's written on when it has took him 12 years to achieve it , most of them were scored against tinpot teams like San Marino and he always seems to go missing in major championship finals against the better teams ?

Compare that to Bobby Charlton's 49 goals that were scored when international football really meant something against Proper teams such as USSR , Yugoslavia , Chechoslavakia , Krautsville etc ? In the days when outside World Cup years we played about 4 internationals a year ?

Discuss :)

England still played quite a few friendlys in them days Tim