PVA mesh and bags

nathanhuynh

How to you lot tie up your bags and mesh? I just put my bait down the tube and compress the bait the size of a golfball, then push it out and cut the mesh 1in above the bait, then I cut the tag end into two strips. Then I use a treble overhand knot to tie the bag onto the hooklink then slide it down onto the hook shank. For bags I use the korda way of putting a small layer of bait, then my lead, then two thirds of the way up, then my hookbait and then fill up the rest of the bag. I would be interested to see if there were any other ways...

er why is filling a bit of a solid bag then putting your lead in the Korda way?

Did you get a load of Korda stuff for christmas or summit lol.

As you evolve along your carp career you will soon realise that Korda are not the be all and end all of carp fishing gizmos. There are other ways of catching our quarry apart from long distance spodding the granny with loads of expensive munga.

Do you shout GET IN when you catch a carp ?

from my experience of the Korda solid PVA bags, if I moisten the top and twist it round the rig to secure it I always seem to have a blob of it still on there when I reel in 5 hrs later. Never happens with any other bag I use but I now always use PVA stape or string to tie it now just to be safe. no problems at all and always alot stronger i think.

A fair while ago Joe (Useph) started this very handy thread:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=32920

A fair amount of the time I put my baits onto a double length of PVA cord or string, and then loop the PVA round the mainline/tubing and then put the tag ends and boilies through the loop. It holds it onto the line nicely with no knots. The tag ends then get used to create another loop which holds the hookbait in place. I then have a line of boilies down the length of the hooklink.

Or just as easily I do a number of baits in a mesh, split the PVA down into a length and use the tag ends I have created to tie around the mainline/tubing, without pulling it tight so that the knot doesn't get left around the line.

As for bags, I can get long or short ones, and either lick and stick or tie around the line with a double granny.

Also make sure you get hold of decent PVA. I still use http://www.moscopva.net/ ; far better PVA than many tackle brands, and at a decent price, cheaper than Korda.

I tried mo's a few years ago. Got ripped off with them not sending what I paid for. Emailed them and spoke to a lady there. Still nothing off them. Once bitten and all that!! I have heard a few good reports off them but I won't use them again. This of course, could just be a one off occurrence but because it happened to me direct, it has stopped me using them. They do seem to get a lot of recommendations so they can't be that bad all the time.

The amount I use though, I am just as happy buying the odd bits from my local tackle shop.

has anybody ever fallen for the trap of accidentaly using fox arma mesh as PVA, I took all of my mesh re-fills off of the tubes to check for damage after I dug them out of the shed and forgot about the arma mesh and just put it alongside the other strips of mesh, put them all back on the tubes and ended up somhow with the armamesh on my kord micromesh boilie strip tube. I made a bag, cast out and soon found out!!

I always found that fox arma mesh attracts bream because it holds bait like corn, tuna and hemp so it is best used on bream free water...dont tell andy that I said that!!

• 1 month later...

I use Carp Craze stuff, pretty cheap and does what I need it too and never need to change.

I once heard a story of a company who accidently ordered the wrong material and made a batch of solid bags with them.

Anglers who used them wondered why they where not getting bites when they should of and when they wound their rods in for a mornign re cast after a quiet night they found their rigs where still nice and neatly packed into the bags :D