Gardner Pro-Carp Monofilament Mainline

Has anyone else got anything to say about this line now that they have been using it on their reels for a while?

I've been using it for a couple of months now in 12lb, sits nicely on the spools (wychwood exorcists), casts well enough to the 100yd mark even though most of my fishing is half that range, wasn't sure on the colour after using fluro and my current lake is very clear, but fishing it slack they obviously can't see it as i've had 9 fish in two outings including a pb common,

overall very happy with it and would use it again :wink:

hth jay

I loaded up my two Okuma's with 12lb for a recent visit to a specimen lake, but didn't get the chance to test it out in earnest. Seemed to sit on the spools ok, and casting wasn't a problem with it. Sank pretty quickly too. Just seemed a little thick and wirey compared to some 10lb Sensor that I have.

• 3 weeks later...

finally caught some fish on the 12lb pro-carp. nothing massive but fish to mid doubles. not had a chance to do any real casting with it yet and did have a slight issue with line twist after the first mid double ghostie took me on a right old run round. this then gave me a chance to stick on and try the gardner line twist remover. worked ok considering i didnt have a lot of water to cast round. going to use it again this weekend and straighten the line right out properly.(looks/sounds gimicky, but works).

back to the pro-carp. one down side . lol :) managed to overcast onto the island foliage and get me hook stuck. shish! it took some right old pulling to get something to give way.bam lead hurtles towards me at 100mph. 15lb braid hook length had given out not the pro-carp. the bs must be well over 12.

will comment again after a 48hr session this weekend

• 1 year later...

I brought this thread up again after realising that I have now been using the Pro-Carp (the original as it was sent to me) for a few years now. It is my first choice of line, and over the past few years I have put a number of fish on the bank with it, from long and short casts at Nazeing, in clear and coloured water, and over gravel bars and after being fragged by Crayfish.

The largest fish I have caught using it is 33lb, a fish that took me round a few tree roots, but I have caught numerous others from the other lagoons on the complex.

A better line than many more of the more expensive lines available.

Hi Nick.      If its the stuff i sent you to try out you must have had it on your spools for a couple of years now--glad its working out OK,and you,ve had some good fish from snaggy areas.

On the abrasion machine it goes higher than the line you were using so not so surprised its lasting and coping with roots and bars.

Lewis had a 30lb common and 41lb 6oz mirror at the weekend on the light blend that he has not changed from last season.

We are very pleased with the feedback and its still £9.99 a spool. all the best RG. :wink:

Crusian---Try the dark side-you only live once after all-gotta be more fun-worked for me- :wink:

Newmarket---very good-Lewis made a "snarling noise" when he read that over my shoulder-nice one- :evil:

Nige--It was Hydro Tuff-it has maximum abrasion resistance-our snag line. :wink:

good luck to all--

Thank you for posting Richard , Lewis has proved the lines durability .

Please thank him for me :)

I've been thinking about changing my mainline for a while but haven't been able to decide on one as there is so many out there, but after reading this I think I'm going to give the pro-carp a go. Sounds good and it is also a good price,

Thanks for posting this Nick !

Hi Nick.      If its the stuff i sent you to try out you must have had it on your spools for a couple of years now--glad its working out OK,and you,ve had some good fish from snaggy areas.

On the abrasion machine it goes higher than the line you were using so not so surprised its lasting and coping with roots and bars.

Lewis had a 30lb common and 41lb 6oz mirror at the weekend on the light blend that he has not changed from last season.

We are very pleased with the feedback and its still £9.99 a spool. all the best RG. :wink:

It has been replaced a few times, out of my own pocket,  :wink:  :lol:  :D

It is my first choice of mainline, I don't even think of buying any other now, although I do still replace it at least once or twice a year. Habit that I can't have any line on my reels for more than a year :wink:

"replaced out of my own pocket".......shock horror!!......this must be very distressing Nick!!!........... :wink: :wink: LOL.

PM me with the dia and BS you need,-----(we,re out of .35mm for 2 weeks.)

cant have you using year old line :roll: :roll:. all the best RG

Thats outrageous :) :) :) :)

Only joking Richard BUT

If its good enough for Lewis Read .....:)

Edited by newmarket

Its plenty good enough for the rotund one because we wont waste our expensive lines on him, if you spend your life sleeping with a chod rig out what do you expect................. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Excellent ! :) :)

Strangely enough mr Read is one of the few pro/sponsored anglers that i've got a lot of time for .

He puts your gear over really well and doesnt appear to be up his own ( so to speak ) unlike a lot of others i could mention .

I think i'd hang on to hom :)

Ok crawling session over ....