NEXT BIG THING

zammmo

Sometimes do you think they just make stuff up to write about????

Some drill their baits and put cork in them, some use the KD, now we have ultra heavy baits.

I reckon a bottom bait will catch 95% of the carp that light, heavy, balanced baits will (with the exception of choddy/ silty bottoms that need a pop up)

Some writers say...you must have something to make your bait stand out...some say they must look like the freebies. Every article contradicts the next... I think they all need to go and get proper jobs and stop writing cobblers.

Sometimes do you think they just make stuff up to write about????

Some drill their baits and put cork in them, some use the KD, now we have ultra heavy baits.

I reckon a bottom bait will catch 95% of the carp that light, heavy, balanced baits will (with the exception of choddy/ silty bottoms that need a pop up)

Some writers say...you must have something to make your bait stand out...some say they must look like the freebies. Every article contradicts the next... I think they all need to go and get proper jobs and stop writing cobblers.

agree with ya here mate

weird.

fished in the week with some new 20mm pop-ups (not new boilies, but new to me!)

I wanted to balance them, and the thing that made it sink just right was a SSG shot. I used it under the boilie on the hair, like an inverted snowman, but still - nice to know I am one of the front runners on the latest trends :D

Seriosly - I haven't read the article but I imagine the theory is that the carp is working so hard to get the bait swallowed, it misses the hook passing it's lips. Seems like an OK idea, but you would need a bait the fish are really going for. can't see an artificial working for example.

Otherwise I am going to start hair rigging pebbles.

I read that too. Its just a load of drivle realy. For years its been pop up and balanced baits (which i do use to reasonable effect) and they just needed something new. Some of the rigs in Advanced Carp Fishing (i do subscribe, more for reading the stories) are just mind blowing. What on earth made them come up with them? Why did they do it? They must get a hell of a lot more time on the bank than i do.

Then again they haven't got in contact with me to write about my 5 inch braided knotless knot with a single piece of pink corn, balanced corn that is :D . Don't think it would make good reading month after month.

I haven't read the article yet but the flouro rig that some bloke twists, knots and cuts off looks bizzare.

I have to say I am so ashamed to admit ,that I almost always use a bottom bait on a bog basic knotless knot rig--------------------and still catch fish both here and abroad,guess I must just be lucky :lol:

I have to say I am so ashamed to admit ,that I almost always use a bottom bait on a bog basic knotless knot rig--------------------and still catch fish both here and abroad,guess I must just be lucky :lol:

What do you use in conjuction with this, bed of bait, a single, small pva bag, stringer etc?

Boring NEXT!!!

You only catch because the carp are so curious to pop out and see what idiot is using such an out of date rig circa 2011

Everybody knows it's all about these newfangled rigs with tubing here and rig rings there, the odd bit of NASA designed fluorocarbon coated in space dust to give that extra weight yet at the same time weightless fell on the bottom all topped of with a bait created by the worlds top Michelin star chefs in secret underground bunkers

....Hold on...

...We might be saying that...

The tackle industry are making us buy things we don't need; by making it seem more complicated than it really is???

No Way!!!

Can't see it!!!

Refuse to believe it!!!

So all this time I've been buying rig gear- I should have been developing watercraft. Damn your eyes fairbrass and your affable demeanour!!!

Sounds like a lot of old tosh to me :roll: then I am a bit of a dinosaur stuck in my ways :shock: for me it's KD all the way (except pop up's) bottom bait = KD, snowman (which is most of my fishing) = KD, PVA bags = KD, Gravel, silt, weed bottom = KD, curved, straight, long or short shank hook = KD!! you get the picture I like the KD and as far as I am concerned I will carry on with it as I am happy and confident in using it :wink: as previously mentioned i think the mags have to think rubbish up to fill the pages :roll::shock: