Help before I pull all my hair out

zammmo

I am having prob's tying a silt/chod rig, I am using size 6 Korda chod hooks and 20lb Mouthtrap...I cannot get the tag end back through the eye,I am at me wits end...

Would a whipping knot make any diffrence?

Ala ESP yea I will give it ago...

But I thought i'd start one again from scratch and it went through first bloomin time.

Now I know it will go through I don't mind percy veering

Thank's for your help...

iv had this :twisted: i found bigger hooks work better.on the occasion that iv been stuck on the bank without ,iv trapped the D tag under the last loop at the eye of the hook as i tighten down the knotless knot....if that makes sense :?: landed up to 24lb like that.its not the most perfect looking D loop ,but works.

iv had this :twisted: i found bigger hooks work better.on the occasion that iv been stuck on the bank without ,iv trapped the D tag under the last loop at the eye of the hook as i tighten down the knotless knot....if that makes sense :?: landed up to 24lb like that.its not the most perfect looking D loop ,but works.

Yea that's a good idea...

Could the ring cut into the hooklink as it tightened?

Make a loop on a piece of low diameter nylonline, thread this line through the eye of the hook and then thread your hooklink material thrugh the nylon loop. The rest I'll let you guess :P

Well I guess you would be trying to get 6 bits of line through the eye instead of 3 but I've probably misunderstood your explaination?

Make a loop on a piece of low diameter nylonline, thread this line through the eye of the hook and then thread your hooklink material thrugh the nylon loop. The rest I'll let you guess :P

Well I guess you would be trying to get 6 bits of line through the eye instead of 3 but I've probably misunderstood your explaination?

Yup, that's right but the advantage is that you have a piece of line to pull instead of having to shove a higher diameter line through the small eye.

im not sure that the ring could,but the line could damage the knot........only if the was enough pressure on it ....which i think is unlikley as its only the pressure of sucking/blowing and not playing the fish on the ring/loop

im not sure that the ring could,but the line could damage the knot........only if the was enough pressure on it ....which i think is unlikley as its only the pressure of sucking/blowing and not playing the fish on the ring/loop

Sorry Beanz - just re-read your post. I thought it was the ring itself that was trapped in the last loop/whip - not the tag end as you quite clearly state! lol :oops:

ive just switched over to the atomic chodda hook in a size 6,ive only used them the 1 night but they tie up good,i use them with 25lb mouthtrap and i can get that through the eye 3 times.had 2 fish on them and they were nailed big time.they might be worth a look

plus withthe BS of line used for a chod rig, a small reduction is not the end of the world!

Sounds like you lot are faffing about here, there should be no hassle at all getting 20lb stiff filament through a size 6 hook 3 times.

Leave yourself a long tag end to form the D loop, make sure you cut the hook link at an angle, tie your knotless knot and pull it as tight as you can, be sure to wet it, a generally bite the tag end and pull the other keeping the loop straight along the shank, then simply fold over and back through, i can do this with size 8's!!!! Come on you sausage fingers it cant be that hard for you lol