big carp in essex

I come from Clacton on sea, i have been carp fishing for about 18 months now. But my PB is only 14lb. Im after a day ticket venue with carp over 20lb, if anyone can help please?

:arrow: Stick with weeley, the new predator lake has big carp in it, i landed a 23.5lb mirror on the 11th dec, 1am on active8 boilie :lol: , made a stringer of 8 boilies and just left it out there, it sat for 14hrs before the take, it's not "easy fishing" anywhere this time of year but it can pay off.. :D

It is over 18's on that lake! :lol: I'm 35 but still take my Dad as it makes me feel better..... :wink::roll:

A few people have told me about Paxmans, but what really puts me off is what you said about no night fishing for your first year, may be for under 18's but not adults.

I tried a 28 hour session over at weeley on monday-tuesday and I blanked again, infact there were two guys packing up when I got there and they had both blanked on a 24 hour session and another bloke set up the same time as me and he did'nt even had a single run or bite.

I know its alot slower fishing this time of year but it has been very mild!!

Its the worst place I have ever fished, I think they need to put a hell of alot more fish in there.

I have had more blanks at weeley than there is in my pants and I had the snip 2 years ago.

Spicy.

i agree with the night thing but dont think there is any way round it. to be honest if ya after bigger fish they only have one lake that would suit you that ya can night anyway and that is just a hole in the ground that is bl---y hard at the best of times. you might wanna think about joining caps £66 a year not bad value got some good fish in lakes. good luck

• 3 weeks later...

I know that there are some big fish in weeley but the predator lake has no bars or pits, it just 5 to 6 foot every where and boring. I dont think it was very well thought out when it was made, 2 little islands in the middle are not much of a feature.

I would think that if we had a really really cold spell they might loss fish because its just not deep enough. They could also do with putting in some swims because in the summer when more people are fishing you get people casting harf way across the lake in all sorts of directions, it will cause problems i think?

I heard that its going to get changed this year and have a boot leg on the bottom corner of the lake that will be deeper, but the reason for doing this is because it is leaking quite badly in that corner.

Every time I go to weeley predator lake I tell myself I am going to catch a big one this time, but always seem to end up blanking.

I have spent quite abit of cash on all sorts of boilies and stuff, but think I shall wait a few weeks yet to give them a try...It is supposed to get really cold this week.

Now i've had my little rant, I feel much better now.

Spicy

Guest Anonymous
I know that there are some big fish in weeley but the predator lake has no bars or pits, it just 5 to 6 foot every where and boring. I dont think it was very well thought out when it was made, 2 little islands in the middle are not much of a feature.

I would think that if we had a really really cold spell they might loss fish because its just not deep enough. They could also do with putting in some swims because in the summer when more people are fishing you get people casting harf way across the lake in all sorts of directions, it will cause problems i think?

I heard that its going to get changed this year and have a boot leg on the bottom corner of the lake that will be deeper, but the reason for doing this is because it is leaking quite badly in that corner.

Every time I go to weeley predator lake I tell myself I am going to catch a big one this time, but always seem to end up blanking.

I have spent quite abit of cash on all sorts of boilies and stuff, but think I shall wait a few weeks yet to give them a try...It is supposed to get really cold this week.

Spicy

My thoughts exactly... I've spent a fortune there aswell but haven't had a decent fish yet. You're correct about the leak & yes he's gonna dig the bootleg along the roadside end.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Spicy

My thoughts exactly... I've spent a fortune there aswell but haven't had a decent fish yet. You're correct about the leak & yes he's gonna dig the bootleg along the roadside end.

I heard yesterday that the Farmer is putting in yet another lake alongside the bootleg!

Whilst talking to a couple at the lake yesterday (2 of them with 3 rods each) they'd both blanked over 24hrs which doesn't inspire much confidence for my forthcoming Saturday night visit :roll: although there are a lot of fish 'showing' now. :D

Spicy

I heard yesterday that the Farmer is putting in yet another lake alongside the bootleg!

Whilst talking to a couple at the lake yesterday (2 of them with 3 rods each) they'd both blanked over 24hrs which doesn't inspire much confidence for my forthcoming Saturday night visit :roll: although there are a lot of fish 'showing' now. :D

you dont need confidence when ya with me jay :wink:

ya need a bloody miracle :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Spicy

you dont need confidence when ya with me jay :wink:

ya need a bloody miracle :lol:

GREAT :cry:

Oh my god, I seriously thought that somebody would have caught even a half decent fish out of the predator lake by now, How hard has it got to get, for 2 guys with 3 rods each to blank for 24 hours. Thats some hard fishing, it's not even cold now!

Either the farmer is telling porky pies about there being about 100 odd carp in there and not one of them under 15lb or they all have been abducted by fish loving aliens.

Instead of spending more money making the lake a different shape , I think the farmer needs to put some of the massive wedge of cash he has made back into some serious carp stock.

Just with my mate,my little brother and myself we must have spent about 250 quid between us fishing there last year.

If anyone reading this has had a 15lb or over carp out of this lake please let me know what bait and type of rig you was using please.

Spicy

Just with my mate,my little brother and myself we must have spent about 250 quid between us fishing there last year.

Spicy, are you being serious ? £250 on fishing those holes in the ground :shock::shock: You really need to find yourself another water. You can join loads of clubs in the Essex area for a third of that and fish some really nice waters.

There is CAPS, Paxmans, The Post Office, Basildon, Sudbury, Kelvedon, Chelmsford etc

Guest Anonymous
If anyone reading this has had a 15lb or over carp out of this lake please let me know what bait and type of rig you was using please.

Spicy

Spicy, don't know if you've read it in another post by but my Brother had a 23 'n' arf lb Mirror just before Christmas out the Preditor lake on a single Active-8 boilie (with 5 or 6 on a stringer) mounted on a 'D' rig with a size 8. It was left out there for about 14 hours before the run. ( left of the Island away from the road)

I have plumbed the WHOLE lake & cannot find any features apart from 3 holes, 2 at 7ft & 1 at 8ft. It's all clay bottomed but If I blank this weekend it'll be the last time I fish it. I've joined a local Syndicate for 2007/08 with 4 lakes & 2 rivers. PM me if you want more details.

I was planning to go to weeley yesterday, but changed my mind at the last second and went to Rayne lodge near Braintree.

I arrived there about 1pm and it was pouring down with rain, I had a good walk around the lake and chatted to a couple of old boys fishing there.

I got my bivvy set up and 2 rods in the water, I had nothing for ages...I tried boiles, soft pellets, sweet corn, maggots then at half 4 I stuck a small bunch of lobs on a hair rig.... and almost straight away a 4lb common.

I packed up at 8am this morning, having caught 3 lovely tench and 12 carp the biggest one was 10lb 10.

One of the carp had a massive fan tail and big fins, I have never seen one like this before?

Dispite the bad weather, I had a really good night.

I am so glad that I did not waste my time and money at weeley or as I now calling it BLANK.

Spicy

• 1 month later...
I come from Clacton on sea, i have been carp fishing for about 18 months now. But my PB is only 14lb. Im after a day ticket venue with carp over 20lb, if anyone can help please?

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum. Can you believe my back garden practically backs onto Layer pit but I never ever fish it, the place is like Butlins. For day tickets I often go to Brookhall at Tiptree, had 6 out yesterday between 7lb-10lb, not huge, but good fun. Fennes at Braintree is also worth a look had fish to 17lb out of there. also Newland Hall the other side of Chelmsford has some biggish fish, but gets very busy. Am hoping to try Cuton Lakes on the A12 on Tues. Halstead Res is worth a look, but again gets busy, quite a lot of kids and chavs, but some big fish to be had off the top in summer.

Hello m8 and welcome to this forum.

You will find there are many very helpful members that are willing to help you out with any answer's to your fishing questions, they really are a friendly lot.

I went to a CAPS lake over at Tiptree today and fished with 2 members from this forum, Who I had never met before and I had a blinding day and a good laugh!!

Please let me know how you get on at the A12 lake, I have never been there before and have often wondered what it's like there?

spicy

did a day at weeley on easter monday blanked like usuall , i no it aint me tackle as it dosnt effect my fish catching around other lakes.

also done a day over at ardleigh resivouir which i new was a long shot, i walked round for aboutt an hour and a half, but didnt manage 2 see many fish moving, sadly i blanked again,,need to catch a fishy:) haha

im also a member of CPS which is a very good club, full of freindly members and there r a few gems of lakes scatered around colchester.

tight lines

did a day at weeley on easter monday blanked like usuall , i no it aint me tackle as it dosnt effect my fish catching around other lakes.

also done a day over at ardleigh resivouir which i new was a long shot, i walked round for aboutt an hour and a half, but didnt manage 2 see many fish moving, sadly i blanked again,,need to catch a fishy:) haha

im also a member of CPS which is a very good club, full of freindly members and there r a few gems of lakes scatered around colchester.

tight lines

Hi Mate,

Welcome to the Forum.

I know how hard Ardleigh is to fish, I fished it for a year :wink: .

Looking on a couple of fisheries I know in Essex, one is reasonably well known, but the other I can find very little information on.

Think Foxearth has been featured in one of the Carp Mags, but has just gone on Syndicate

Please let me know how you get on at the A12 lake, I have never been there before and have often wondered what it's like there?spicy

Ended up having a float session at Brookhall, fishing for small bream and roach by way of a change. Must have had getting on for 100 but half way through the session the old rod tip bent round and I was into a carp. 13' hollow tip float rod with 6lb main, 4lb bottom, size 14 hook, you could say it gave me a scrap. Managed to bank a 9-10lb common 15mins later.

went to weeley pretender lake 2day, only for the day so didnt expect to catch, fished 1 on each island, had nothing except a temper of hungry and horny ducks!!! VERY HORNY haha jus wundering if any1 else is getting pee'd off with the treatment of the lake and the bell's that fish it??

weather it is just pure chav's, chav familys or total lake of experiance (cast evry 2 mins and muck about)

wel let me know!!

o yeh, duz anybody know were abouts the holes are on the pred lake???

and also aparntly at the end of the year the pred lake is bieng extended????

that farmers a total MUG the bottem lake is pretty much empty now!

i think il give the pretender lake one more try midweek this week, another blank and i wil be saying good bye to the clay puddle!!

Guest Anonymous
went to weeley pretender lake 2day, only for the day so didnt expect to catch, fished 1 on each island, had nothing

That's about right.

jus wundering if any1 else is getting pee'd off with the treatment of the lake and the bell's that fish it??

Yes, that's why I only fish it during the Winter. Fish aint daft, which is why the above statement is written.

Yes thanks. You were placing your baits exactly where everyone else does who blanks. PM me :wink:

Yes. And another lake is going in behind it.

There was still 8 or 10 bivvies round it by 08-30 yesterday though so I wouldn't say he was a total mug, have you seen his house? It was only 4 bedroom before he had the 3 extensions, snooker room, games room, swimming pool & integral double garage. That's where the money goes but what's more, he doesn't even live in it yet, he's got another big house near Holland on Sea which he's keeping till the new one is finished! He certainly don't spend it on fish, trees for around the lake, marking out pegs or anything else to do with the lake for that matter. He digs a hole, pumps water from one lake to another & charges us to sit on the grass verge. In fact, he's just bought a quad bike for his 65 year old Mother so she can collect the money quicker. I told him he needs a cool box on the back to do some ice creams on the way round. :lol:

i think il give the pretender lake one more try midweek this week, another blank and i wil be saying good bye to the clay puddle!!

It's a lot more productive at night :wink: The cats are feeding now :D

You may be interested in these threads where Weeley is mentioned?

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=25825

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=25138&highlight=weeley

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=11684&highlight=weeley

went to weeley pretender lake 2day, only for the day so didnt expect to catch, fished 1 on each island, had nothing

That's about right.

jus wundering if any1 else is getting pee'd off with the treatment of the lake and the bell's that fish it??

Yes, that's why I only fish it during the Winter. Fish aint daft, which is why the above statement is written.

Yes thanks. You were placing your baits exactly where everyone else does who blanks. PM me :wink:

Yes. And another lake is going in behind it.

There was still 8 or 10 bivvies round it by 08-30 yesterday though so I wouldn't say he was a total mug, have you seen his house? It was only 4 bedroom before he had the 3 extensions, snooker room, games room, swimming pool & integral double garage. That's where the money goes but what's more, he doesn't even live in it yet, he's got another big house near Holland on Sea which he's keeping till the new one is finished! He certainly don't spend it on fish, trees for around the lake, marking out pegs or anything else to do with the lake for that matter. He digs a hole, pumps water from one lake to another & charges us to sit on the grass verge. In fact, he's just bought a quad bike for his 65 year old Mother so she can collect the money quicker. I told him he needs a cool box on the back to do some ice creams on the way round. :lol:

It's a lot more productive at night :wink: The cats are feeding now :D

You may be interested in these threads where Weeley is mentioned?

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=25825

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=25138&highlight=weeley

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=11684&highlight=weeley

yeah i have been reading up on weeley on the site and it seems alot of people have the same views???

i dont mean him as a mug asin he gets mugged off, i mean it as more of a insult haha!

yeh a night maybe a good chance, although somebody told me he was fishing all night a not a beep then at 3 in the afternoon a carp ripped of at 21lb.

i think i will go during the week, when all the chav kiids are in school!