big carp in essex

Me and my boyfriend have just booked a week at weeley in June but after reading your posts im begining to think it was a bad idea.

Has anyone got any tips or names of other close by lakes that are any good to fish?

Would be helpful fo me not to get a nagging boyfirned and sure as hell i will get that if he dosent catch,

ta

Beccs

Guest Anonymous

Hi Beccs, welcome to the Forum :wink:

Hmm, to put it quite simply, Weeley aint the best place, the Predator Lake is a very hard water.

They do have 4 carp lakes in total, the top lake is the 1 for a few pasties but nothing of any real size, 5 to 8lb perhaps?

There are a few other day ticket waters in the area... Homestead caravan lake - Weeley... Kirby Cross which is a 10 minute drive away, Carpenwater, Clacton (needs to be pre-booked but is a very nice water & also holds Wels Catfish. Have a look at carpenwater.co.uk for details)

If you want a chance at a reasonable sized fish you'll have to travel upto 30-40 minutes away...

I'm sure you'll get lots of help from other members. Have a nice holiday :wink:

UPDATE - just realised Carpenwater has become a Syndicate this year, sorry :oops:

Guest Anonymous
is homestead lake any good :?:

Did I say it was then :lol::lol:

The last time I fished it Ethan was about 6 or 7 years ago when it hadn't long been open. The carp didn't know what maggots & sweetcorn were... Why?

Because they'd been fed on Cafe leftovers for years, you know, chips, fruit, salad - all the things carp just love :roll:

One of my mates takes his boy there & he usually goes home mid afternoon with armache :shock:

Again, nothing huge but good sport.

Me and my boyfriend have just booked a week at weeley in June but after reading your posts im begining to think it was a bad idea.

Has anyone got any tips or names of other close by lakes that are any good to fish?

Would be helpful fo me not to get a nagging boyfirned and sure as hell i will get that if he dosent catch,

ta

Beccs

Hi Beccs,

Welcome to the Forum.

Try this:http://www.gosfieldlake.co.uk/

I did ask about it earlier in the thread, but have found this about about it.

Nick

Welcome again to the forum.

I keep on saying that I wont go back to weeley, the thought did go through my mind when I was sitting on the bank there yesterday!

Got there nice and early, and came home this morning with yet another blank under my belt! Nobody else had a fish the whole time I was there...There were to blokes down from London, they had been there since Monday morning and went home last night and the only line bites they had were ducks.

Some people said that the bottom lake down by the bypass has been producing fish but so has Captain Birdseye and there all covered in bread crums and would not look good in a photograph either.

Spicy

Well here I am again up half the night, taken all the pain killers that I am allowed and still cant sleep!! But I am going fishing Wednesday night...dont know where yet? (Any tips)

And dont say "weeley".

Spicy

weeley:P

haha erm

how about suffolk water park??

If you do I might see you there.

Just remember thats its not an easy water either, but the Results are definitely there if you get things right.

A blank may be the same result, but at least the quality of the fish is a definite plus.

The Bailiffs reckon on at least 15 different 30lb+ Fish, and the smallest landed that I have seen was a high single.

Its secure at night, there is very little litter, the Bailiffs, especially Trevor, are very clued up on the fish and the lake. Even better is you can have breakfast delivered to your swim.