big carp in essex

I also am totally fed up with weeley I fished the preditor lake all last summer and nearly all winter, I put some serious amount of hours on the bank day and night.

I what have I had out of there? One 14lb carp and a 8lb cat fish in all that time and it's not just me, I have talked to so many other fishermen that have spent day after night after day there and just blanked.

Ok there have been a very few semi decent carp out, But for the amount of cash it costs to fish there and the amount of time it takes to catch one, I think we were the mugs to pay that farmer all that money.

I think that if you worked out the odds, you probaly have more chance of winning the lotto of getting run down by a bus than catch a fish over 20lb out of weeley, err I mean blank.

Spicy

I also am totally fed up with weeley I fished the preditor lake all last summer and nearly all winter, I put some serious amount of hours on the bank day and night.

I what have I had out of there? One 14lb carp and a 8lb cat fish in all that time and it's not just me, I have talked to so many other fishermen that have spent day after night after day there and just blanked.

Ok there have been a very few semi decent carp out, But for the amount of cash it costs to fish there and the amount of time it takes to catch one, I think we were the mugs to pay that farmer all that money.

I think that if you worked out the odds, you probaly have more chance of winning the lotto of getting run down by a bus than catch a fish over 20lb out of weeley, err I mean blank.

Spicy

well said m8, the only thing keeping me there is the fact that it is a dayticket water and there is a chance of catching a fishing up to 30lb, and it is also close to me as i live in ardleigh!!!

shame really!!

Guest Anonymous

Spicy

well said m8, the only thing keeping me there is the fact that it is a dayticket water and there is a chance of catching a fishing up to 30lb, and it is also close to me as i live in ardleigh!!!

shame really!!

Well, I've just got home from a 30 hrs session at Weeley & guess what... I blanked :roll: NEVER AGAIN - No matter how desperate I am to fish!

The bloke in the next swim to me was a 'hit 'n' hope' type bloke, casting all over the show but he had an 18lb Common, a 24lb Mirror & a 15lb Catfish... we were using the same bait; Mainline Pulse freezer range tipped with a small pineapple pop up.

I've had it upto the back teeth of that muddy puddle. No features apart from the margins which are only there by default, pesky diving ducks that steal your freebies & give you hundreds of false takes, a portaloo that I wouldn't go in cause I could smell it 200 yards away, rubbish & dog ends everywhere & on top of all that, with bait, food, petrol & dayticket fees it's another £30 wasted.

After 17 hours of 'nothing', with the door open I laid on my bedchair & within 30 minutes had a run... I lept off the bed to find yet another damn duck (no reference to you bombayduck :wink: ). It was now 1am & after rebaiting, I made a coffee but before I could drink it yet another run came my way, oh, no it wasn't, it was another duck! Despite showing them how close I could get a spod (bit naughty :oops: but no harm was done) they persisted all night so up until now, 30 minutes on the bed was my limit last night but not 1 single fish to show for my efforts :cry:

NO MORE!!!

Spicy

shame really!!

Well, I've just got home from a 30 hrs session at Weeley & guess what... I blanked :roll: NEVER AGAIN - No matter how desperate I am to fish!

The bloke in the next swim to me was a 'hit 'n' hope' type bloke, casting all over the show but he had an 18lb Common, a 24lb Mirror & a 15lb Catfish... we were using the same bait; Mainline Pulse freezer range tipped with a small pineapple pop up.

I've had it upto the back teeth of that muddy puddle. No features apart from the margins which are only there by default, pesky diving ducks that steal your freebies & give you hundreds of false takes, a portaloo that I wouldn't go in cause I could smell it 200 yards away, rubbish & dog ends everywhere & on top of all that, with bait, food, petrol & dayticket fees it's another £30 wasted.

After 17 hours of 'nothing', with the door open I laid on my bedchair & within 30 minutes had a run... I lept off the bed to find yet another damn duck (no reference to you bombayduck :wink: ). It was now 1am & after rebaiting, I made a coffee but before I could drink it yet another run came my way, oh, no it wasn't, it was another duck! Despite showing them how close I could get a spod (bit naughty :oops: but no harm was done) they persisted all night so up until now, 30 minutes on the bed was my limit last night but not 1 single fish to show for my efforts :cry:

NO MORE!!!

Sounds like you had a nice time then :wink:

Guest Anonymous

Yes Sharpy, lovely :roll::lol:

I blanked 8 sessions in a row there throughout last year but a few weeks ago had an 18lb Common which made things bearable. All the fish are in fantastic condition but that's cause the're not caught very often. Today was ideal, warm, overcast & virtually no wind but that's still not good enough for those darn fish. None showing, crashing or feeding on the surface. Sometimes it's like it's been netted of every bit of wildlife possible. (apart from the ducks) :evil: That's life... I got a nice tan yesterday so that's something I suppose :wink:

Guest Anonymous
i was tyhinking of doing a night tomorrow night???

i dno ifit a gud idea??

me and a m8 both fish 2 rods i recon??

PM me your mobile number now & I'll tell you where I baited up :wink: (I will charge for any fish caught) :lol:

well i said if i blank one more time then that is it for weeley!!

went yesterday for the night, and guess wat .........

i actuaslly caught :shock:

well me and my mate both fished over a bed of boilies and pellt, after sumbody HELP ME :wink: i managed to find one of the holes so i slapped me method feeder in there with a shrimp pop up and a pellet on a anti-eject rig.

cast them in at 6/7pm had a 6lb catfish at 10pm...

then at about 2am, we were sitting outside and my m8z rod went screamion he manged to land a 29.4lb mirror, which whips his old PB of 17lb well done mister o'rouke!!!!!

i went overly impressed but it was a hell of alot better then blanking, banked me first cat and seen a good fish come out, think i will try it again in 2/3 weeks!!

mat

Guest Anonymous

Well done Mat, I did warn you that I would be charging for any fish caught so if we say £1 a lb, that makes it a round £35.

(I'll give you the oz's) :wink:

Seriously, well done mate, it's nice to know the fish are in there even if I cant catch the blighters :lol:

Well I said that I would not do it again but...yesterday I went to weeley preditor lake for the night, 2 rods, no fish, but caught a duck.

I think somebody is removing carp from the lake, but so nobody notices they replace it with about 20 ducks.

Spicy.

How did you get on at weeley?

Sorry I could not make it, I was on Bovington 2 for a 30 hour session.

The carp where spawning and crashing and showing like mad but just not feeding.

I was warned about the CAPS lakes and about some fishermen that dont like new people, well they were right....As we walked around the first lake I said "HI" to two blokes and they just looked down there nose's at us and blanked us and most of all the other guys there were the same. Only one young lad came up to me and asked how I was doing and had a quick chat. I feel sorry for people like that and I am glad that i can just have a little laugh at them about it and it dont bother me!

Spicy

How did you get on at weeley?

Sorry I could not make it, I was on Bovington 2 for a 30 hour session.

The carp where spawning and crashing and showing like mad but just not feeding.

I was warned about the CAPS lakes and about some fishermen that dont like new people, well they were right....As we walked around the first lake I said "HI" to two blokes and they just looked down there nose's at us and blanked us and most of all the other guys there were the same. Only one young lad came up to me and asked how I was doing and had a quick chat. I feel sorry for people like that and I am glad that i can just have a little laugh at them about it and it dont bother me!

Spicy

That's why I gave up fishing Layer pit. If you didn't have all the latest gear or you got dragged 20 yards left or right you had someone whinging that you're in their swim. Thought about joining CAPS, but there's plenty of decent day ticket waters around. Think I'll give Weeley a miss though, all you lot have done is moan about the place :wink:

We got to Bov 2 at 12.00 noon on wednesday and on thursday late morning a guy turned up in on of the car park swims to our left and just cast straight across my swim and my mate next to me, infact he went way over half way across the lake....He had a big silver van which was playing music quite loud on it's radio, he's phone rang so many times and when he chatted on it for ages it sounded like that bloke on TV with the nokia ring tone that shouts "Hello".

And he had the nerve to keep giving me dirty looks. If it had of been a day ticket water, he would have ended up swimming in the lake.

These old boys that think they own the place dont half make me laugh, In fact I do feel sorry for them.....Just remember boys and girls that Fishing is a sport not a fashion statement. All you chav, tackle tarts out there, be warned.

Spicy