big carp in essex

Guess what? I am back!!!

Well I see the owner of Weeley was im the Angling times last week for rushing around on his quad bike warning people that the EA had just turned up and that if you did not have a fishing licence, you had better pack up quick or you will get fined!!

I have always had a rod licence and I think the owner of the lakes should be fined for warning people!!

I must admit to trying a 48 hr session at weeley a few months back with a friend......The fist night I had a 4 lb common and a bream from the preditor lake and my mate had a 6 lb common.

There must have been 10 other fishermen on the lake that weekend and nobody had a big fish out.

The owner still tells you that there are over 45 carp all bigger than 15lb in the lake, oh that last weekend someone had a 31 lb catfish and a 28lb mirror out? But after talking to two blokes fishing there....They said that they where there the weekend before and they did not see any big fish come out???

I do know the lakes have suffered from many fish deaths this year and that he was shut down by the EA for a few weeks!

A Big Hi to all the carp.com crew...lov ya all

Keep up the good work!

Spicy

Guest Anonymous
fished it once and will NEVER go back.

Nothing to do with the fishing though... It's cause you had to push my 4x4 out the mud :lol:

I agree he should be prosecuted for telling people. If there's a speed trap & you flash other cars to warn them you get done for perverting the course of justice, why not in fishing??

Anyway, good to have you back Mark! :D

• 3 months later...
Hi Everyone,

Just found this site through chance, thought i would say hello, i build and maintain the cuton lakes website.

If you need any advice just email neil on info@a12lakes.co.uk and he will more than be able to help you and give advice...

or www.a12lakes.co.uk for more information!

Any of you guys from this HUGE forum ever fished it!

yes i had 16 carp and a 11 pound bream in 1 24 hr trip fish from 6lb 2 19ib it a good lake worth the 20 pound also fish there 2 40lb chris w

• 4 months later...

im going fishing on this predator lake at weeley on the weekend never fished it before what would you recommend bait wise ?? ive fished the s shaped 1 next to it a few times never caught anything of a good size always small carp and i hear that the bobby george lake in ardleigh is meant to be good anyone got any info on this lake ???

• 3 months later...

hey guys,

been reading the forums a lot the last few days,

just wondering if you guys know of any great carp fishing lake,

preferably ones that allow night fishing on a ticket,

had a lot of carp out of lakelands in hatfield peveral during the day about 10-20,

would like to try some night fishing with the chance of something bigger,

living in maldon but can travel most places in essex.

• 4 years later...