big carp in essex

Oh, I have tried a bunch of lob worms cut in half on a hair at weeley, If you are using them... check your bait is still there often m8 b'coz all them fish that are not in the lake under 15lb will eat them and you dont even get a line bite.

Spicy

Not sure how far you want to travel but i fish a lot at the Fennes in Braintree it has a complex of 3 lakes all of them have fish in the 20's

the main lake Ash Ground is hard to fish but produces some decent size fish if you know how to go for them. Hobbs Croft is a good lake if you want to catch medium sized Carp it would be unusual to blank and a normal haul would be about 8-10 between 8-15 lbs in a day. Hill and Black is a man made quarry lake very deep and throws out some big fish its very cold in the winter and very hot in the summer ( no Tree's )

Day tickets are £10 for 2 rods and it has a well stocked tackle shop.

I fish there most evenings as they do an evening ticket from 4.15pm and it fits in with that horrible thing called work !!

They have had 3 in the mid to high 20's in the last week !!

the lakes have all spawned a about a week 10 days ago

My brother is fishing weeley at the moment just had a call he had a 15lb carp out and only been there an hour. there is some one else down there who has had a 20+lb carp out but not to sure on that one as we no some people like to lie :P:P

jon

My brother is fishing weeley at the moment just had a call he had a 15lb carp out and only been there an hour. there is some one else down there who has had a 20+lb carp out

Well done it's a hard water to catch on :shock:

I know that I am always putting the place down and stuff, it's just they charge so much money for a lake with no swims, features and a very small stock of fish. They really need to put alot of that cash back into stocking the lake, maybe even plant some trees around the place, sort the dirt track roads out...Ohh and did I say "buy some fish" :evil:

Spicy

you would be really, really lucky if the farmer bought some new fish or spent any money on the lakes :evil:

spicy

So why do you guys keep giving him your hard earned cash ?? Surely there has got to be better day ticket lakes out there ?? I haven't fished a day ticket water for a long time, so i'm a bit out of touch, but surely there are better places than Weeley :?:

If the farmer isn't putting anything back into the waters and is just raking in the cash from the day tickets, vote with your feet and fish somewhere else. If his revenue took a dive he might think about putting some of the money back into the fishery, but whilst he's happily coining it, he won't think twice about :wink:

you would be really, really lucky if the farmer bought some new fish or spent any money on the lakes :evil:

spicy

So why do you guys keep giving him your hard earned cash ?? Surely there has got to be better day ticket lakes out there ?? I haven't fished a day ticket water for a long time, so i'm a bit out of touch, but surely there are better places than Weeley :?:

If the farmer isn't putting anything back into the waters and is just raking in the cash from the day tickets, vote with your feet and fish somewhere else. If his revenue took a dive he might think about putting some of the money back into the fishery, but whilst he's happily coining it, he won't think twice about :wink:

its just because it was close season and there isnt many lakes which have SOME good fish in that i can justify traveling to for only 24hrs of fishing.

i shant be returning for many months as my club is opening within the next week or 2, and so will the rivers:)

o yes!!

So why do you guys keep giving him your hard earned cash ?? Surely there has got to be better day ticket lakes out there ??

It's just b'coz it's so close and there is a chance of catching a big fish, well sort of :roll: I am a member of CAPS but if I am just doing a quick over nighter it's to much hassle to travel further and then get stuck in all the traffic coming back home in the morning b'coz I have to be back in time for my wife to take the kids to school, My car has died.

I only went and did another night there on the preditor lake with no fish under 15lb and caught a 10lb 2oz carp. The bloke fishing oppersite me had a 5 or 6lb'er out in the night.

I also stuck a rod in the match lake and caught loads of small tench a 2lb carp and a pretty big roach, but I got bored of my bite alarm going off every 20 mins in the night just for small fish.

Spicy

• 2 weeks later...

had a good session last night, fished a hard water oin langham were it is hard to go home and have caught 1 fish, i waqs chuffed whe i had four fish, a 7lb, 17lb,19lb and a 22lb all common carp.

heres a couple of pics

oh and before any1 moans about were is the unhooking matt it is out of site but WAS bieng used.

had a good session last night, fished a hard water oin langham were it is hard to go home and have caught 1 fish, i waqs chuffed whe i had four fish, a 7lb, 17lb,19lb and a 22lb all common carp.

This thread is more like a personal blog now for you and me.

Anyway, I went to Houchins for two nights and I caught 1 carp about 5lb 3 kittens (Baby catfish) did not weigh them and 12 large slimey bream. Yesterday morning I had a screaming run and had hooked a big cat, I played it for about 20 mins and then it managed to get into the roots of a willow tree over hanging the lake...Lost it...Gutted, this morning the bloke in the swim next to me caught a 28.5lb catfish and quess what was still in it's mouth? My hook link..It had snapped or come undone on the knot to the swivel. Nevermind. My only complaint was that there must have been a massive wasp's nest near by, there was hundreds of them and they all seemed pretty unhappy too. I got stung right on the back of my neck, I told the baliff and he was amazed at the amount of wasps flying around but did not want to do anything about it. He told me that he had flicked 2 wasps of another guys back that he was talking to as he went around the lake. I got stung from just standing still watching the water, not from franticly waving my arms about like I was having a fight with the invisable man.

Spicy

This thread is more like a personal blog now for you and me.

too right haha, yeh i fancy goin 2 that lake, do you have to be a part of c.ap.s??

mat

• 2 months later...

Well I did it again, I did a 18 hour session at weeley!

What is wrong with me? I did not blank in the preditor lake.....I caught a duck at 3am on a double boilie rig off the bottom right in the middle of the lake!

There must have been about 100 ducks on the water first thing in the morning.

I also caught a small rat in my boilie bucket :evil: the place is over run with them and I have never seen any rat poison boxes about.

The grass around the lake was about a foot high and about 6 inch's high where you have your bivvy, it made finding a dropped bait needle almost impossible in the dark.

I did have a very intresting chat with an old boy that was fishing there and he told me about how much time he has spent fishing the lake in the last 12 months, he is sure that there are only about 10 - 12 carp in the lake that are over 15lb.

He aslo said that his friend had been asked by the farmer when he was fishing the old lake next to the road/bridge that if he caught the 30lb'er to give him a ring so he could move it to the preditor lake :?:

I thought you had to get a permit to move fish from one lake to another?

My last grumble is the amount of rubbish that was everywhere, this is why there are so many rats.

Even where I was fishing, there where tin cans in the water :evil:

Oh and no loo roll in the toilet :shock:

Spicy