big carp in essex

where abouts do you fish in colchester on a day ticket and have you ever fished paxmans waters if you dont mind asking :wink:8)

Mainly Brookhall at Tiptree and Fennes at Braintree, always catch so it's worth going. I've also tried Newlands Hall in Chelmsford, way too busy for me. I intend to go to Cuton Lakes on the A12 and a new water at Leavenheath which is supposed to be good.

Never fished Paxmans, wouldn't know how to join.

A very big thank you to fellow carp.com members x2gsd and gazmeesh, for taking me on a 24 hr session over a olivers lake, I had such a laugh with you guys. gazmesh...your massive cat fish was amazing....and just when I thought I was going to blank again, I managed a lovely 9lb ghost carp just as we was packing up!

Please, please, please lets do it again soon!!

Spicy

Guest Anonymous
A very big thank you to fellow carp.com members x2gsd and gazmeesh, for taking me on a 24 hr session over a olivers lake, I had such a laugh with you guys. gazmesh...your massive cat fish was amazing....and just when I thought I was going to blank again, I managed a lovely 9lb ghost carp just as we was packing up!

Please, please, please lets do it again soon!!

Spicy

No reference to breakfast :evil:

:lol::wink:

No reference to breakfast

I was going to try and get the photo of the breakfast on here!

But before that....The dinner the night before; You cooked steak, boiled potatoes and carrots. But I did thing the flowers and the candles where just a little bit over the top! :wink:

Breakfast was 3 sausages loads of bacon beans and an egg, u even had brown sauce. :!:

Spicy

I think it must b the norm to fish in someone els swim, As it happens a lot over there, bovs and all there waters wot happend to the good old days when they used to pop round and ask where ure fishing,,,,to many carp anglers..... No proper fisherman...... :(

Guest Anonymous
to many carp anglers..... No proper fisherman...... :(

Would you care to rephrase that?

reckon he knows ya jay :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I reckon he don't wanna meet me & say it :wink:

I think it must b the norm to fish in someone els swim, As it happens a lot over there, bovs and all there waters wot happend to the good old days when they used to pop round and ask where ure fishing,,,,to many carp anglers..... No proper fisherman......

Yer I understand what you mean...Why take fishing so seriously that it effects your ability to be civil to your fellow fisherman...Those lads over at Bov need reminding its a sport.

The strange thing is the guy that cast right over our swims was after tench...I think!

Guest Anonymous
didnt really expect to catch though :roll:

Well what's the point of going there then.

Cause the smallest fish is 15lb with the added bonus of the odd cat to 30lb :wink:

Doesn't it get boring knowing you're gonna catch every session, it would for me. Half of it is the uncertainty.

I went to Bov 1 for the bank holiday Monday, Not even a sniff of a line bite or a nice sreaming run...In fact there was about 7 other fisherman there and nobody caught a thing.

So at half 2pm we packed up and went less than a mile away to a day ticket water, 5 quid for 1 rod... We spent till 8pm fishing there and had some lovely fish (carp) the biggest was a double, we had a great time!!

We caught about 15 odd fish each!

Spicy

Cause the smallest fish is 15lb with the added bonus of the odd cat to 30lb

That is a big fat porky pie that the farmer keeps telling everyone, my biggest fish from there was bang on 14lb and I have had about 30 odd carp between 8lb and 1lb, caught on maize.

Spicy

Guest Anonymous
Cause the smallest fish is 15lb with the added bonus of the odd cat to 30lb

That is a big fat porky pie, I have had about 30 odd carp between 8lb and 1lb, caught on maize.

Spicy

From the predator lake...? With all due respect, I think not.

Guest Anonymous
i dont think the others are interested in the social :cry:

:shock: I wouldn't say that :!:

Where & when??

Not Weeley, pleeeease don't say Weeley :lol:

We're not all members at the same clubs so how about a 2 nighter at SWP then Nick can come & show us all how it's done properly :twisted: ??

i dont think the others are interested in the social :cry:

:shock: I wouldn't say that :!:

Where & when??

Not Weeley, pleeeease don't say Weeley :lol:

We're not all members at the same clubs so how about a 2 nighter at SWP then Nick can come & show us all how it's done properly :twisted: ??

Why not weely :wink::lol::lol::lol:

Right hands up who really beleives that there is not a fish under 15lb in the preditor lake at weeley???

My biggest is 14lb but I am the first to addmit that I am rubbish.

I have caught loads of little carp from that lake and made sure that they ended up in the match lake next to it.

Spicy