Rigs

carpangler96

Hey, i have fished at a lake for 3 days and caught 2 fish, disappointing. Could someone tell me the latest rig which could up my catch rate plz, and the most Favorited bait as well. The lake potential is 36lb.

Thanks! :D

you dont need "the latest rig" just stick to a simple one with a decent bait and look for where the fish are

Somebody hold me back :shock::!:

Just keep it simple, it isn't about rigs, its about location, getting the carp feeding and then putting a standard rig where they will feel comfortable taking it.

A whole thread on rigs:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22185

Hehe :lol:

There are no magic bullets! Occasionally the mags give the impression that if you use THE rig and/or THE bait you'll crack whatever water you're fishing. As everyone has pointed out getting to know your water, thinking about where the fish patrol, how, when and where they feed, discovering features etc, are far more important than using the latest super-rig.

And thank god too I reckon - there's a lifetime and more of learning and improving there which makes it fascinating and keeps your interest. How boring and unsatisfying would it be if all you had to do was take a rig off the shelf (so to speak) and you'd cracked it :roll:

Hey, i have fished at a lake for 3 days and caught 2 fish, disappointing. Could someone tell me the latest rig which could up my catch rate plz, and the most Favorited bait as well. The lake potential is 36lb.

Thanks! :D

Let me know where you're fishing and I'll drive over and tie some rigs and cast them out for you. :roll: