-
Posts
1,223 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
200
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Blogs
Events
Articles
Everything posted by kevtaylor
-
Blank night, new swim 3 islands and 4 channels to go at. Just one fizzer seen and closer than I was fishing. Back down Thursday π€
-
I stepped out from some reeds into what looked to be water of only a few inches deep, yet I disappeared over my chest waders and struggled badly to move and get back out. Silt is VERY dangerous! I always use a prodding stick now after that experience.
-
New guy from South Dakota
kevtaylor replied to Leftyhunter's topic in New to Carp.com, New to Carp Fishing
That's so insane to me, catfish are utter trash, ugly, slimy overgrown tadpoles. I can maybe see the desire to catch a huge Wells catfish like 150lb plus, but the smaller species such as the Channel Catfish are just plain pointless to me, I'd rather blank tbh Carp are different class entirely as I'm sure you agree. Would love to visit the US for some quality lure fishing for Bass and maybe some carp fishing - catfish no thanks, your compatriots are all bonkers lol -
New guy from South Dakota
kevtaylor replied to Leftyhunter's topic in New to Carp.com, New to Carp Fishing
Welcome to the forum π -
-
I've got Torrix TE Specials in 12.6ft excellent rods, you will not regret buying those. π
-
-
-
A bite at 03:30 on the final night, full moon night but a small stockie NOT a massive common, good to be catching. Just a single night next week, so will have to fit in where I can, could be a useful reccy of other areas.
-
Back on it, 3 nights - full moon coming, fingers crossed, not seen any yet, but didn't last week either. Very happy with all 3 rods this time π€
-
I wanted to buy some locally produced honey as it can help with hay fever apparently, getting you used to the local pollens. Sadly the FB seller didn't send me the link I needed to pay - but interesting all the same.
-
Yeah was a nice steady take on a fairy tight clutch, then when I got to the rod and tighened further made some savage lunges taking line in spurts making it's way over to the far margin. I was nervous about the trees in the water off the island but turned it and got it half way back (think that was more it's decision) then it kited left all the way around the point into the left nearside channel and tried to find snags in the near margin, treelined again obvs. Nerve jangling moment again but got it back bit by bit - no rubbing on branches - probably because the water is 3ft down. Then of course it picked up the left rod fished single style into the left nearside channel, making it impossible to bring fully over the net. Bail arm off and with another go it went in the net. Glad you asked it was proper scary tbh especially as I was expecting a blank lol. Hopefully more to follow fingers crossed doing 3 nights instead this week from thursday, going for it and baited up as I left. Heard another good fish roll after the fish and having that one made me think the big common must have been there that night, maybe having a few boilies too - close but no cigar! It's coming - feeling it π€
-
Fortis Tundra Salopettes size recomendation
kevtaylor replied to LC1975's topic in Carp Fishing Tackle and Equipment
For comparison, I'm 6ft with a 34 inch waist, bought the Large which fits OK but could also have gone for the XL You will not be disappointed with these - so warm, you'll not need the coat. -
I go back to my previous comment about water quality, if the water is good the fish will heal naturally. I did think that maybe the propolis may be good, being as it's made from honey and used by koi keepers I believe but even that sounds un-proven in the report. A baillif in Belgium asked me to treat the hookhold of one whilst we were about to take pics, thankfully I had a kit with me.
-
Thanks mate, I'm blown away tbh ππ
-
Just back from 2 nights on the syndi, first session on the big lake and I only went and had one at 23.30 on the 2nd night. Made up with it at 35.02 and a proper one. Dont know what I've trodden in but feel like I'm having a run of good luck, long may it continueπ€
-
Back on the rods at the syndi for a couple of nights, weather looks good for it, fingers crossed π€
-
Good luck fella, I'd be having a go for Perch on lures with all those fry you mention it must have some big ones. π
-
No idea sorry, but looks a lovely setting, I guess nuisance species might be an issue with all the roach etc. I guess hard hookbaits and/or bigger baits will help.
-
Welcome to the forum fella π
-
-
Just back from my return visit to Brothers Lake, France. Weather at the start was hot and the fishing was slow, but as the week progressed and temps cooled off the fishing got better and better and I finished off with 15 fish to 49lb inc 7 x 30s and another mid 40. Tactics were scatterings of boilie only - put out with the stick to a marker float every afternoon and a small top-up at dusk. The fish were feeding heavily on naturals, fizzing up most of the day everyday, just past where we were fishing or anywhere without lines between us in the middle. Being a small lake they did exactly this last trip despite us being on the opposite bank this time. I chose to go with my newish wafter rig, a slip-d, multi - tied using the Korda hook-clip, size 6 wide gapes, Esp Tungsten Loaded and Gardner XL tungsten aligners, Korda tungsten large anti tangle sleeve - with a total rig length of around 5 inches. With a golf ball sized funnel-web bag of mixed pellet, boilie crumb and 10ml Odyssey XXX. Feeding 15ml XXX and using 15ml wafters as hookbaits. By the end of the week I just wanted a 50 to complete what had been a great session and at 1am on the final night I got my wish, well not quite but 49 will more than do. Some of the fish:
-
Great report and well done on the fish! ππ
-
Can't help with bait making you know far more than me, but congrats on the new addition to the family β€οΈ