360 rig

tel90

read the links i put up, i have seen the damage done on my syndi when a new member came on last year using the 360.

I've read the links several times now, and can't see any decent information in them. It's jut people saying it causes damage, but giving no reason as to why, and other people who use it saying they have never seen any mouth damage.

Other than the issue with the hook eye getting stuck in the landing net mesh ripping the mouth, which can easily be solved with shrink tube, I really don't see what the issue is.

I too have read the links, but they are 7 yrs old, times have changed.

The original culprit was the long shank nailer, it had potential to double hook, i believe these are banned at most fisheries nationally.

The shorter curve shank now used in whatever rig type is not outlawed  anywhere i know off.

a c&p from the nutrabaits website;

The Alternative 360

kt_7.jpg

Our Alternative Hookbait range of pop-ups hookbaits is ideal for fishing the 360 Degree rig. This rig is usually set up using a long curved shank hook like the long shank Nailer. However, of late concern has been voiced about the potential for mouth damage with these types of hook so you may like to know that the rig works equally well with many other hook patters. One of my most effective rigs and baits over the past three years has been the 360 fished with a 10mm Pink Pepper or 10mm Pineapple and Butyric pop up. Instead of the usual long curved shank hook I have been using a size 4 Fox SSC hook and this has worked a treat with a 360 Degree set-up.

As ive said dont beleive it causes damage but looking at da pic above to me its just a vells abd whistle rigs. The way some people go on about fish welfare to the extremes some people go should stop putting hooks in them all togeather. Some carp anglers talk more rubbish than the animal rights nuts when it comes to carp welfare.

Edited by liamclose

As ive said dont beleive it causes damage but looking at da pic above to me its just a vells abd whistle rigs. The way some people go on about fish welfare to the extremes some people go should stop putting hooks in them all togeather. Some carp anglers talk more rubbish than the animal rights nuts when it comes to carp welfare.

That's a bit uncouth, 360 rig aside, fish welfare is paramount to angling. I once had at first sight a real beauty of a mirror carp, then I got it out of the net and seen most of its lower jaw and gill plate were torn off on one side, the fish was 16lb, the offending tackle was still in-place, a crappy two ounce pear lead tied to what looked like no more than 8lb line and a massive barbed hook. The amount of line it was trailing was shocking, I did the best I could with it and put it back, I didn't go out again for a while after that.

Oh I used the uncouth bit cus those nutters in the ALF don't think people should keep pets, they would sooner all dogs and cats were put down, at the more extreme end of them idiots.

That's a bit uncouth, 360 rig aside, fish welfare is paramount to angling. I once had at first sight a real beauty of a mirror carp, then I got it out of the net and seen most of its lower jaw and gill plate were torn off on one side, the fish was 16lb, the offending tackle was still in-place, a crappy two ounce pear lead tied to what looked like no more than 8lb line and a massive barbed hook. The amount of line it was trailing was shocking, I did the best I could with it and put it back, I didn't go out again for a while after that.

Oh I used the uncouth bit cus those nutters in the ALF don't think people should keep pets, they would sooner all dogs and cats were put down, at the more extreme end of them idiots.

8lb line??? That was over gunning it when I started lol. Used to fish for doubles on 6lb line. It was the staple line for my ledger rod, river or mere.

On the subject of the ALF and others, you do know they consider pleasure anglers to be sub-human, as in getting pleasure from the mindless suffering of an animal for our pleasure alone. And they are correct too, but I can live with that.
If a angler was honest, they should know that sport fishing is going the same way as other field sports, probably be banned with in the latter part of this century

Here s one for yous, and it will see angling banned at some point, it's the same argument they put forward to bring an end to dolphins and whales in public zoos.
When a water born animal is taken out the water gravity comes into play and great pressure is put on the animals organs, due to them living in neutral gravity environment. It's the same for fish as it is whales and the like. has anyone got a reply to that?

If you think they don't have fishing in there sights, you are wrong and they are well prepared, not just in terms of physical pain inflected on the fish, but also the long term psychological damage done to the fish, and here's the real kick in the face, the affects it has on a young human that is taught to inflict pain on a animal in return for gaining personal pleasure, charming ain't they.

so because we put a hook in them we shouldnt be careful not to further damage them? stupid statement. the time will come when you see the damage that the 360 causes mainly with smaller fish, then you might think again

This is way off topic, and not really needed on this thread.......However, if someone put a hook and line in your mouth, would you pull against it?

This is way off topic, and not really needed on this thread.......However, if someone put a hook and line in your mouth, would you pull against it?

No I would put a finger in both of their eyes, and claim self defence, as a human I would know not to pull, as to do so would increase the pain. a bit off topic sure, but it wasn't me who compared anglers to the head cases in AR groups. 

so because we put a hook in them we shouldnt be careful not to further damage them? stupid statement. the time will come when you see the damage that the 360 causes mainly with smaller fish, then you might think again

Didnt say we shouldnt take care of them did I. carnt see how size of the fish would make a differnce to how much damage can be caused by a certain rig take it this is anouther claim you carnt back up?