The fizzing boilie rig.

liamfish14

I have recently heard about the fizzing boilie rig and have the general jist of it.

You chop a boilie in 2

Then put the back end on

Then the tablet

Then the front end on.

So has anyone used it before what is and how do I get the actuall fizzing tablet?

I was guessing this rig works well on difficult waters to attract fish to the swim.

dont know if they fiz but they are called "Feed Inducing Rig Tablets" they have flavours -

Strawberry Cream • Vanilla • Raspberry • Wasp Grub • Aniseed • Hemp • Cornish Cream • Luncheon Meat • Maggot

never tried them myself, years back i used the Attracta leads with milk in the capsules to make a cloud.

Umm :? Not a lot really. I played around with crumbing them in method mix but that had obvious drawbacks, and then introduced them into solid pva bags along with the usual pellet or boilie. I caught a few carp, but never felt like the oxy-tabs were having a positive effect. They had a relatively short breakdown time and most of the captures came long after the tablet would has dissolved. The small release of oxygen into a relatively large body of water seemed insignificant to me and therefore i gave up on the idea. I can see how they might work in a stalking scenario, possibly in conjunction with a floating PVA bag, but honestly i can't see much of a future in the idea. I think there is something in the idea of "active" baits. But then i guess we all catch carp on items that seem relatively inert to us. Our senses are very different to that of a fish.

Well if they have a head ache they will be fine :lol::lol:

I was thinking more like oxegen tablet will a fast relise like you put in fish tanks....

One question, what if a fish takes the bait and then has to deal with its digestive system filling up with oxygen... the result is?

Carp swimming around blowing off gasses?

No I didnt mean it like that.

Sort of attach it to the hair rig and let the oxegen tablet fiz away to attract the fish to swim.

But if they were to swollow a small bit I dont think it would cause alot of damage unless it was alot of them in one go.

What do you think?