drayton reservoir

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think Neil was replying, merely reposting Aarons question into the correct thread.

Drayton seems to remain very popular, I drive past it on my way to work and I sometimes go for a wander round on my way home.

The pole anglers have long gone, to be succeeded by the pellet waggler anglers and the method feeder and spodders.

I have seen some quite big fish come out during the evenings and im guessing that they have just become too big to tackle with a pole as a result the mouth damage seems to be on the decline.

It is bailiffed very well now and even the rubbish is in decline, they just need to sort out more than one portaloo, and perhaps borrow some of the factory units car parks for the weekenders then it would be better.

• 2 weeks later...

hi there went to drayton on thursday with some work m8s, it was the first time i had been there and was so looking forward to beating my pb of 15lb was not diasspointed in the least. i had plenty of fish in the afternoon and beat my pb catching a lovely mirror to the tune of 16lb. i agree with most of the posts on here about the state of the fish 2 of the mirrors i caught had bad lips. the ressy was not that crowded though and the baliffs were really helpful looking forward to making my next trip and try to better my pb :D

Hi can anybody tell me how drayton res is fishing as doing a day session in about a week or so :)

That's one hell of a comprehensive reply Neil :roll::wink:

It's not easy this moderating business you know. Cut, paste, lock....it's a very complicated business :lol:

OK Cheesy nips and careful carper your mates were quite correct. I was there again this evening and the bailiff walked past me so I asked. Last week they had some roach die and the EA came out and took them all away for tests and couldnt find anything. The bailiff reckoned about a thousand died between 2 lb and a few ounces. The carp and Pike have not been affected and whilst I was there I watched two gentlemen bring in a dozen each all in good condition.

There were absolutely thousands of dog biscuits and smaller floating pellets in the corner where the wind had blown them, so its made me think about surface baits not being very effective.

I havent actually fished Drayton before so I might give it a go one evening.

• 7 months later...

I'm off next Thursday for a few days, I'll take whatever peg is available really :)

nice spot of the badge btw :D

just tracked down some info off a mate who rang the bailiff:

Barbless or micro barb hooks.

No braided mainline except on spod and marker.

Unhooking matt to be used at all times for all types of fish.

Baliff recommended minimum of 12lb line, there are some big pike in the res.

No nuts, nutty cloud spod mix or ground bait is allowed.

No sacking of fish.

Seems pretty standard.

Giz a bell if youre there over the weekend I dont live far away. I used to work about 700 yds away until today, and travel past it twice a day. There are loads of pegs as most of it is boarded. The longer stay carp lads tend to go down the left hand side by the entrance there are a few well worn pegs down there that will accomodate a bivvy. Im not sure what direction your coming from but if you miss the entrance then it is safer to carry on and go round the roundabout and back to the entrance. There have been a few bumps on the road outside the entrance because of cars suddenly braking.

I spent a few years in the RAOC at Bracht.

• 2 months later...