drayton reservoir

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

walk round left hand side of lake to get to the 90's and only parking is by dam wall to be fair most pegs can catch i just like it around the 90's because never had less than 10 fish from them fav pegs 35 -36 fish towards or next to pontoon or boat house thats it i've got to kill you now, if you can get on those pegs. if you blank i think you need to take up golf :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

how you doing i fished it for the first time last year everyone was catching. As has been said any peg is good i walked round to the right past the boat house it seemed any bait worked its a good place to get a bend in the rod but i warn you now most the fish are in a bad way with most there lips missing :cry:

what ever peg you can get on , put on at the rod tip and another as far as u can chuck it with a pva bag

having the wind in your face seems to be a good tactic on there

as Alan says the fish have been through the mill, check them over and its not uncommon to find more than your hook in the poor things

Bowza

ah rite cheers 4 the advise, jst a kwik one was thinking of using a 18mm pop up on a chod rig setup any experiance using this setup there?

crippsy

bottom baits work fine no need for fancy rigs the bottom is flat with no snags only the boards your sitting on that the fish will try and get round,pellet waggler bagging waggler and dog biscuit also work really well in warmer weather

• 3 weeks later...

why anyone needs to do nights on drayton amazes me the fish come out all day and plenty of them,yes the water is low at moment but there is a few places to put a bivvy up but unless you bring your rods out of water you won't be having any sleep anyway :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I fished drayton last friday (13th) got there about 6.45 and gates were open, fished peg 39 on the dam wall, wind was in my face, tough going as water levels are about 10 to 12 feet down so every time you get a fish its off the platform and down the steps to waters edge to land fish, back up steps to unhook, back down steps to release fish, back up steps to carry on fishing. i finished with 25 fish, smallest 6lb biggest 16lb 3oz, total weight was just over 300lbs.