The "Dreaded" new reels question.......on a budget

Okay guys my 18 year old reels are looking tatty, maybe even rough in places, they still work like clockwork just some area`s of corrosion/paint loss, so im thinking a pair of new reels, i have mentioned to my daughter i may get her to pay for one as an xmas present and i buy the second.

I am only fishing one club book venue which is a 3.5 acre lake, fish to low 30`s, a bit weedy some snags, rods are Diawa 12ft 3lb tc..........so can i have some suggestions please and low price is key here thinking £40-55 per reel i like Freespool but also happy to look at mini pit reels with fast drag, i have sort of looked at Wychwood reels but i did have a set of the early rogue reels and they were not great

Thanks in advance guys

On 20/10/2024 at 15:53, jules007 said:

Okay guys my 18 year old reels are looking tatty, maybe even rough in places, they still work like clockwork just some area`s of corrosion/paint loss, so im thinking a pair of new reels, i have mentioned to my daughter i may get her to pay for one as an xmas present and i buy the second.

I am only fishing one club book venue which is a 3.5 acre lake, fish to low 30`s, a bit weedy some snags, rods are Diawa 12ft 3lb tc..........so can i have some suggestions please and low price is key here thinking £40-55 per reel i like Freespool but also happy to look at mini pit reels with fast drag, i have sort of looked at Wychwood reels but i did have a set of the early rogue reels and they were not great

Thanks in advance guys

32 minutes ago, jules007 said:

seems Okuma are good, so might look at this brand

In that price range.....Daiwa Regal BR, Wychwwod Riot Blacks, Okuma Powerliner BR, Okuma Aventa BR, Daiwa Black Widow BR...