Croc plastic bivvy shoe warning

As above don't wear crocs or plastic soled shoes that don't grip on muddy banks, not only can you slip fall in you can also slip, fall in land on your rod, snap it to pieces, break your reel and smash your bite alarm to smithereens. As I found out this weekend, I was only trying to wash my hands after baiting 😱🫣IMG-20240629-WA0000.thumb.jpeg.2a35425578671ffb4a9ff28c168d8058.jpeg

To make matters worse whilst trying to reel this in I hooked a stupid jack pike,getting that in was fun, would rather catch a bream. 

Needless to say if was an expensive trip and the shoes have gone in the bin. 

53 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

As above don't wear crocs or plastic soled shoes that don't grip on muddy banks, not only can you slip fall in you can also slip, fall in land on your rod, snap it to pieces, break your reel and smash your bite alarm to smithereens. As I found out this weekend, I was only trying to wash my hands after baiting 😱🫣IMG-20240629-WA0000.thumb.jpeg.2a35425578671ffb4a9ff28c168d8058.jpeg

To make matters worse whilst trying to reel this in I hooked a stupid jack pike,getting that in was fun, would rather catch a bream. 

Needless to say if was an expensive trip and the shoes have gone in the bin. 

Now you know why I dislike Crocs and insist on slipping into trainers.

I must admit the breaking of the rod and reel is the biggest misfortune I have 'seen', but I have heard of loads of people going 'a over t' while wearing Crocs on wet slippery banks, grass especially.

I always wear my ambler boots. I practically live in them. The grip on them are amazing and they're waterproof.

They do get a bit warm in the summer but I just slip them off as they also have a zip aswell as laces, so nice n easy to just leave the laces done up n slip them on n off using the zip 

shopping(8).webp.c84d1a1094007864405cd7fdb43387c7.webp

How bad is the rod ?

I snapped the top 2 ft of a beach caster turned it into a uptide rod that was when it wasn’t a thing 

The looks I had off the club mates and even a skipper on a charter boat 🙄 

Can you get a spare part for the reel ?

1 hour ago, B B said:

How bad is the rod ?

I snapped the top 2 ft of a beach caster turned it into a uptide rod that was when it wasn’t a thing 

The looks I had off the club mates and even a skipper on a charter boat 🙄 

Can you get a spare part for the reel ?

Snapped in about 4 pieces it's not gonna make it 😳

The reel I think would need a whole casing or body I think. Not sure if it would be available, doubt it would be covered by the warranty either.