Disappeared

For some reason the catch reports have disappeared, I honestly have no idea what's happened.

It might be a freak out on my tablet although I wasn't in that section beyond page3.

If you would like to restart with this month we can try to get it up again

10 hours ago, elmoputney said:

So have all the catch reports from all time been deleted? 

Sad day people put a lot of effort into those catch reports. 

Sadly it looks like it. I know how much effort went in as I had done some full session reports myself.

I'm really upset that other people's great efforts, captures and pictures are lost

46 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Surely it would be backed up somewhere? 

That's part of the problem, there is so much of carp.com some had to be deleted as it simply couldn't be backed up anymore. I've been picking up and finding threads from 2005! 

So as I have deleted an individual page, somehow it has deleted a whole section.

3 hours ago, yonny said:

Indeed mate. That's the last time I bother doing any.

The fact all those years of records from everyone can just be deleted by mistake is farcical imo.

Yes mate very disappointing, I can't believe it hasn't been backed up at all. Spent ages reading and writing those over the years.was always nice to see who had caught something,was even better when you had caught one and were really excited to do a little write up, was always one of the first things I did when I got home, feels like such a waste of time now. 

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Yes mate very disappointing, I can't believe it hasn't been backed up at all. Spent ages reading and writing those over the years.was always nice to see who had caught something,was even better when you had caught one and were really excited to do a little write up, was always one of the first things I did when I got home, feels like such a waste of time now. 

9 hours ago, yonny said:

Indeed mate. That's the last time I bother doing any.

The fact all those years of records from everyone can just be deleted by mistake is farcical imo.

That is your choice.

I didn't intend it to happen, I'd much rather it hadn't happened.

I do know that people have spent ages writing posts for their own computer to have a freak out and lose the lot, or as my mate did who designs websites, hit a button and wiped out a whole website because one server is used for a couple of sites who 'piggyback' each others design.

It is also some of the same reason that Karlos had so much problem getting his forum back on line, so much data on the server that that could not all be backed up.

Normally when I edit a section I can shift it offline and then quietly edit it with no problem, but because Catch Reports is constantly live I didn't.

The amusing and annoying thing for me is that as much as I dislike Facebook, it is my back-up for pictures and stories. I have gone through 3 tablets, more phones, pc's and laptops, and once one dies I've lost those pictures, which include 3 20's in a night from the 450acre Alton Water, and many of my slides and prints from my partner and my children.

What goes in here on catch reports has gone on the Syndicate Facebook page or my own Timeline since I refuse to pay for a photo host after photobucket started charging.

Again, a major annoyance as I do or did slideshows, talks and presentations for work and various PAC regions, I've personally lost pictures related to life, work and fishing.